SkyscraperCity banner

11141 - 11160 of 11245 Posts

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
It is Core Completed. I will stop at that.
The A6 corridor must be a Motorway or Expressway because it is a Ten-T CORE corridor so articles 39 and 17 of the Ten T Directive 2013 both apply and together they state that the A6 must be built, by 2030, as a Motorway or Expressway, you can build any old shite on non core roads (the Ten-T comprehensive network as it is known).

Alternatively change the corridor routing to go from Calafat to Arad via Pitesti and join the A1 in Pitesti, which has not happened of course. :(

·
Registered
637 Posts
Feasibility study+design tender launched for 7 new exits on existing motorways

Nod Rutier Cumpana A4 (km 16+700) – DN 39E

Nod rutier A1 (km 326+155) - DJ704 (Cugir)

Nod rutier A1 (km 362+813) - DC129 (Santuhalm)

Nod rutier A1 (km 450+210) - DJ609 (Bethausen)

Nod rutier A1 (km 485+030) - DJ609E (Recaș)

Nod rutier A1 (km 528+509) - DJ682G (Cruceni)

Nod rutier A3 (km 39+940) - DN1P (Spinuș)

FOTO Șapte noi noduri rutiere vor fi realizate pe autostrăzile deja construite din România. Unde vor fi amplasate acestea

·
Registered
637 Posts
Romania became the second largest market for Bulgarian exports in 2019. It surpassed Italy.

Bulgaria Exports By Country
If we go by this criteria, then Moldova would be the first country we should be building a motorway to. :)

Also Romania would most likely be the second destination country for Hungary's exports, if we would be in Schengen (by value, Hungary exports more than twice as much to Romania, than Bulgaria does).

·
Registered
13,971 Posts
If we go by this criteria, then Moldova would be the first country we should be building a motorway to. :)

Also Romania would most likely be the second destination country for Hungary's exports, if we would be in Schengen (by value, Hungary exports more than twice as much to Romania, than Bulgaria does).
Romania does not even plan a motorway connection with Bulgaria despite the transit traffic from Turkey, Poland, Greece.
This is the sad reality. You can hide behind empty words as much as you wish.

·
AUTOBANN.ED
38,225 Posts
The A6 corridor must be a Motorway or Expressway because it is a Ten-T CORE corridor so articles 39 and 17 of the Ten T Directive 2013 both apply and together they state that the A6 must be built, by 2030, as a Motorway or Expressway, you can build any old shite on non core roads (the Ten-T comprehensive network as it is known).

Alternatively change the corridor routing to go from Calafat to Arad via Pitesti and join the A1 in Pitesti, which has not happened of course. :(
It is impossible to build A6 by 2030 even if started now. I think we had this discussion over and over. What is possible is complete A1 and DX12 by then and route the corridor via A1 which is still very good, and it will probably be the case by 2030.

The sad reality is that the A6 is so effing expensive (more than 2x EU infrastructure grants allotted for Romania during 2014-2020) as it is so less usefull for Romania. A1 goes through countless major industrial and urban centers in Romania. A6 goes through the "megalopolis" Calafat and that is it. And for that it costs more than any other motorway in Romania.

Nor the EU wants to foot the bill, which means Romania needs to deprioritize financially all its real priorities and prioritize first the last motorway it could avail of in reality, solely for the international traffic with Turkey (a non-EU country in the end) the EU might have an interest with (not Romania in particular) but it does not want to prioritize it financially. It is absurd.

Plus that no one in Romania puts pressure on this motorway (for obvious reasons that it has little utility), compared to A7 and A8 where there is a HUGE civil society pressure, and I am sure these are going to be completed by 2030 rather. In fact you will see a flurry of tenders for works next year on these motorways which are also TEN-T core, part of the surge in investments program of the new government. And maybe even A13 where there is also a FS+TD ongoing, and is going to be completed next year. Along with A3 whose completion remains a huge priority for Romania as well, immediately after A1.

·
AUTOBANN.ED
38,225 Posts
I think that bridge is the only remaining major work to be completed before opening that section of motorway, and by the looks of it it should be feasible this year.

___

A3: Biharia-Bors

·
Registered
37 Posts
Unfortunately the truth is not far from what you are saying. But I think this competition works both ways.

However, instead of investing a couple of hundreds of millions of € in a single motorway bridge to Bulgaria, I would rather build 3 bridges in different locations so that the local communities along the Danube on both sides of the border could benefit.
What comes to mind is a bridge between Corabia(RO) and Bulgaria!

·
Registered
8,098 Posts
Plus that no one in Romania puts pressure on this motorway (for obvious reasons that it has little utility), compared to A7 and A8 where there is a HUGE civil society pressure, and I am sure these are going to be completed by 2030 rather. In fact you will see a flurry of tenders for works next year on these motorways which are also TEN-T core, part of the surge in investments program of the new government.
You are delusional. :( The A7 and the A8 are not "Ten-T Core" routes unless Moldova joins the EU. Moldova is not even a candidate at this time. Right now they are "Annex III" "Indicative" routes in case something eventually changes around 2040 or so. :D

·
Registered
480 Posts
Romania does not even plan a motorway connection with Bulgaria despite the transit traffic from Turkey, Poland, Greece.
Romania can't even link Bucharest with Western Europe 30 yrs after the end of communism yet you think we're smart enough to play games with Bulgaria?

·
AUTOBANN.ED
38,225 Posts
You are delusional. :( The A7 and the A8 are not "Ten-T Core" routes unless Moldova joins the EU. Moldova is not even a candidate at this time. Right now they are "Annex III" "Indicative" routes in case something eventually changes around 2040 or so. :D

Of course A7 and A8 are core* (check the link of TEN-T maps above), and they have little to do with Moldova and mostly with linking Iasi (and other smaller cities), which is the second biggest Romanian city, with the EU. Much wiser than say Calafat I reckon.

*Dude, I do not know who is delusional between you and me, but newsflash, EU finances already the A7 and A8 FS+TD as core.

·
Registered
13,971 Posts
Romania can't even link Bucharest with Western Europe 30 yrs after the end of communism yet you think we're smart enough to play games with Bulgaria?
Bulgaria also has to do lot of construction work on the motorway system, but there will be a motorway connection to Romania via Rousse / Giurgiu + an express way connection via Vidin / Calafat. The A7 motorway is planed, tenders are underway and construction will start this year. We are a bit upset, that our northern neighbours do not even plan a motorway link. I'm driving often on the road between Giurgiu and Bucharest, the quality of the road is very good but every 5 kilometers there is a 50 km/h speed limit, pedestrians crossing or roundabout.

green - tenders
violet - finished tenders, start of construction
red - construction
blue - planed

·
AUTOBANN.ED
38,225 Posts
I didn't know a motorway is currently tendered from Veliko to Ruse. That is really good. I hope works will start soon.

BTW: I find time spent to cross the bridge at Giurgiu-Ruse the most delaying factor in the trip from Ruse to Bucharest, or even from Veliko. You may spend hours just to cross the bridge and then 30 minutes to get to Bucharest. This is also related to not being in Schengen.

·
Registered
13,971 Posts
I didn't know a motorway is currently tendered from Veliko to Ruse. That is really good. I hope works will start soon.

BTW: I find time spent to cross the bridge at Giurgiu-Ruse the most delaying factor in the trip from Ruse to Bucharest, or even from Veliko. You may spend hours just to cross the bridge and then 30 minutes to get to Bucharest. This is also related to not being in Schengen.
Absolutely! And I don't know why Bulgaria and Romania did not organized a common zone without borders prior to joining Schengen.
Rousse - Giurgiu bridge is a mess.
The A7 Veliko Turnovo - Rousse motorway is a huge image project for the government in Sofia, because support for them is weak in Northern Bulgaria and there will be general elections next year. And as I said earlier, Romania is our most important market after Germany.

Veliko Tarnovo–Ruse motorway - Wikipedia

·
Registered
6,689 Posts
+

I think that none of us doubts that R4 is needed! But most of us think - based on our experience - that Slovakia will follow the same rule all countries do. Building roads with highest domestic demand first. Roads with mainly international importance.... only anywhere down the road.
=

I think that none of us doubts that motorway connections between RO and BG are needed. But most of us think - based on our experience - that Romania follows the same rule all countries do. Building roads with highest domestic demand first. Roads with mainly international importance.... only anywhere down the road.

·
AUTOBANN.ED
38,225 Posts
Absolutely! And I don't know why Bulgaria and Romania did not organized a common zone without borders prior to joining Schengen.
I don't think a common zone was possible before accession due to accession requirements. But I think what was then is way passed. It is important to finally get in Schengen and that rather soon. This epidemic is a political opportunity to remove a political blocking point for Schengen accession.

The A7 Veliko Turnovo - Rousse motorway is a huge image project for the government in Sofia, because support for them is weak in Northern Bulgaria and there will be general elections next year. And as I said earlier, Romania is our most important market after Germany.
That is totally understandable - building connections to the larger markets. That is why Romania is currently pursuing motorway connections to Hungary, and neglecting other directions, because Romania's biggest markets are Germany, Italy and France, in this order, while Serbia or Bulgaria are very small markets by comparison. By I also think that a motorway from A0 to Giurgiu would be very useful, but to give that full benefit there is need for a new motorway bridge at Ruse-Giurgiu. That would open indeed an interesting corridor to both East Europe and Central Europe, via Romania's A0, and then A1 or future A7.

·
Registered
13,971 Posts
I don't think a common zone was possible before accession due to accession requirements. But I think what was then is way passed. It is important to finally get in Schengen and that rather soon. This epidemic is a political opportunity to remove a political blocking point for Schengen accession.
That is totally understandable - building connections to the larger markets. That is why Romania is currently pursuing motorway connections to Hungary, and neglecting other directions, because Romania's biggest markets are Germany, Italy and France, in this order, while Serbia or Bulgaria are very small markets by comparison. By I also think that a motorway from A0 to Giurgiu would be very useful, but to give that full benefit there is need for a new motorway bridge at Ruse-Giurgiu. That would open indeed an interesting corridor to both East Europe and Central Europe, via Romania's A0, and then A1 or future A7.
Link between the Romanian A7 and the Bulgarian A7 will create a motorway connection between Moldova / Ukraine and Greece / North Macedonia / Albania.
This will have a huge impact on tourist and cargo traffic.

11141 - 11160 of 11245 Posts