Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Newbie here. What are the road lane standards and sidewalk standards for the Philippines?

I was told that in the highway its 3.05 meters per lane and in the city idk. I have no idea why in Metro Manila each road has different lane widths. Even infrastructure such as flyovers have inconsistent lane widths which is very unprofessional (you dont see that in other countries)

·
Registered
Unknown
8,184 Posts
Iba iba depende sa kung sino yung nag sponsor at gumawa. Mayroon naman na LGBT colors ginamit sa pedestrian lane which is I'm not sure kung tama yun ilagay. Walang standard dito sa atin pagdating sa road at sidewalks.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
in the Philippines sadly we lack in good sidewalks and pedestrians only streets and footbridges.

So walking in the Philippines is very dangerous the only places that are good to have a good walk are the places where rich people live .. Ayala Makati and The fort .

Walking safely in the Philippines is a rich only right .

·
Registered
Unknown
8,184 Posts
in the Philippines sadly we lack in good sidewalks and pedestrians only streets and footbridges.

So walking in the Philippines is very dangerous the only places that are good to have a good walk are the places where rich people live .. Ayala Makati and The fort .

Walking safely in the Philippines is a rich only right .
Yun Ayala Makati na signboard dapat ang maging standards sa buong Pinas or kahit sa buong Metro Manila pero dapat walang bias sa isang area.

Kahit nga yung pinagmamalaki nilang mga premium buses hindi naman premium yun. Ordinary buses lang sa mga kalapit bansa yung bus na may P2P na route.

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
I mentioned this in this forum a long time ago. We don't even have standard street signs. And how I wish we have a street/road naming authority. A lot of streets are named after the same person. Yung Buendia, Gil Puyat sa kabilang dulo. Historic street names should never be replaced. Azcarraga should have remained Azcarraga.

·
Registered
504 Posts
I've also noticed that lanes on our roads aren't standardized. Some lanes, like in major roads, can accommodate trucks and SUVs easily, while others can hardly fit a car. Outside the city, i once passed through a road that was split into two lanes, but can actually accommodate only 1 car at any given time. This is very dangerous, especially to those who rely on road markings and lines to estimate road width.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Cities hoping to tap fund to improve open spaces

ABOUT 100 cities submitted proposals to tap a special fund for “green” infrastructure, the Department of Budget and Management (DBM) said on Wednesday.

“Currently, 100 cities are now processing their project proposals out of the 143 that submitted their expression of interest to avail of the funding,” Budget Secretary Benjamin E. Diokno said yesterday in a briefing.

The DBM opened a P2.59-billion Local Government Support Fund for cities in 2017 to support “the development of their respective open spaces” of the country’s 145 cities.

These include the enrichment of open space, creating sustainable and livable urban environments through turfing, landscaping, and green space architecture; establishment of forest parks and botanical gardens; transformation of streetscapes by installing eco-friendly street furniture and fixtures, and shading; augmentation of connectivity and accessibility, such as construction of eco-friendly bike lanes and walkways; and green infrastructure enhancements, such as tree planting, construction of bioswales and pervious surfaces.

The DBM started to conduct technical workshops — led by the agency’s assistance to cities program manager Julia C. Nebrija — in March, for best practices, policies, and other procedures for implementing the program.

Ms. Nebrija said that there are currently 10 proposals for new government centers, 20 public squares and plazas, 52 parks, 25 waterfronts, and 13 streets, among others.

“We expect to completely release the funding within the third quarter of this year, as long as they can complete technical requirements,” Ms. Nebrija said.

The DBM official also presented some key development projects such as a plaza rehabilitation in San Juan City; a park redevelopment in Marikina City; a park, plaza, and port in Dagupan City; a new park in Valenzuela City; river esplanades in the cities of Bacoor, Dasmariñas, Bago, Malabon, and Parañaque; a wet park in Iligan City; mangrove parks in the cities of Mandaue and Masbate; a streetscape project in Quezon City; a historic downtown redevelopment project in Antipolo City; a waterfront boulevard redevelopment project in Zamboanga City; and a nature park in Caloocan City.

Ms. Nebrija also said that the Pasig River Convergence Program is still on track with the construction and rehabilitation of 17 ferry stations along Pasig River before year’s end.

“We just finished the budgeting, we’re just trying fo finalize the different programs that we are supporting, and the agencies part of the technical working group,” she said.

“We’re working with NEDA (National Economic and Development Authority), and have a feasibility study. We are looking at the improvements for December. Our target is to improve the ferry service by December. We’re looking at improvements on the vessels and the stations, it will be rolling out sometime in September,” added Ms. Nebrija. — Elijah Joseph C. Tubayan

·
Registered
40 Posts
Manila is a complete mess, zero CITY PLANNING. There is a need some sort of ISO certification or correctly design streets with sidewalks. Have sidewalk spaces design for people and roads with space for expansion.

For, those future green city, please DO Not follow manila complete failure to design thing for people. Hire people who know what CITY PLANNING is.

CITY PLANNING

·
Registered
799 Posts
Manila is a complete mess, zero CITY PLANNING. There is a need some sort of ISO certification or correctly design streets with sidewalks. Have sidewalk spaces design for people and roads with space for expansion.

For, those future green city, please DO Not follow manila complete failure to design thing for people. Hire people who know what CITY PLANNING is.

CITY PLANNING
There WAS a plan for Manila (Burnham Plan) however Manila became ugly when the plan wasn't followed.

·
Registered
40 Posts
There WAS a plan for Manila (Burnham Plan) however Manila became ugly when the plan wasn't followed.

I know, I have heard this, it was ruined because of politics, disgraceful. Philippine government will have to demolish sections of manila, but it is impossible because of row issue.

My point is, the mistakes with manila city planning should not happen again. The Philippines is in a crucial time. City planning has to be done correctly or else we will get a repeat of manila again.

·
Thinking of becoming Pro.
159 Posts
Unfortunately, we have to rely on private land developers, to create open spaces. I just noticed from other European cities that we have very tight sidewalks. I propose that a minimum of 5 meters be mandated instead.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts