SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 54 Posts

· Registered
25,836 Posts
Africans like big things too much. Of course Abuja didnt get a subway. You know how much they cost? If any city in Nigeria should get one it should be Lagos first. In fact, I think Lagos must be one of the few mega-cities on earth with no subway. Actually, can anyone think of any other mega-city with no subway?

· Registered
25,836 Posts
OK. The stats I saw were Lagos- pop 10mill and density of 1350.
Either way, I really think it needs an intergrated subsidised public transport system. I have just came from Rio de Janiero (pop 6million) and the transport system there is very good, including a metro.

· Registered
25,836 Posts
Other African cities that should consider a subway- Jo'burg and Luanda. I dont think any of the other large cities are in countries currently in a financial state to build a subway. Accra is large enough but Ghana does not have the finances and the city has a low pop density because it is so spread out. Angola has other priorities now but they should keep a subway in mind when developing the city. I reckon by 2030 there will be a subway in Lagos, Abuja, Nairobi and Luanda.

· Registered
47,545 Posts
Other African cities that should consider a subway- Jo'burg and Luanda. I dont think any of the other large cities are in countries currently in a financial state to build a subway. Accra is large enough but Ghana does not have the finances and the city has a low pop density because it is so spread out. Angola has other priorities now but they should keep a subway in mind when developing the city. I reckon by 2030 there will be a subway in Lagos, Abuja, Nairobi and Luanda.
In Abuja the construction of MTS has already started!

· Registered
589 Posts
construction of The Lagos LRT has also started.

· Registered
5,617 Posts
Others megacities currently (2006) include (in alphabetical order):

Beijing
Buenos Aires
Cairo
Dhaka
Istanbul
Johannesburg
Karachi
Kolkata (Calcutta)
Lagos
London
Manila
Moscow
Paris
Rio de Janeiro
Tehran
POPA1980,That is true according to wikipedia

21 - 40 of 54 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.