Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

This thread concerns anything, to do with the preparations for Brazil or the tournament itself

Videos, News, Images, Whatever

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Images by Kickoff

Philadelphia Camp

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Images by Kickoff

Philadelphia Camp

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)

·
Registered
286 Posts

How does one attach video?

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
edit

Reactions: Andalusia

·
Registered
286 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
I have a policy of supporting one team from each continent to make the whole tournament interesting and as always from Africa I am rooting for Nigeria.

Best of luck, lads.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The team are currently on their Way to Brazil (Wish the Lads, a safe flight!)

and here is a video to enjoy...while we wait for their landing!

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
Regardless @tbite, the exercise is one in futility! It's just hold that we have to participate being a function of our qualification; in truth, the team is just going there to make up the numbers. One of the poorest teams we've assembled alongside that of the last world cup. Our sporting institutions has to be restructured if we are to reinvent and surpass our past successes.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Pictures before the flight

Joseph Yobo & Ogenyi Onazi

Michael Uchebo, Ogenyi Onazi & Peter Odemwingie

Peter Odemwingie & Ogenyi Onazi

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Yes we will get to the 2nd Round and I actually predict that we will get to the 1/4 Final Stage. I do not believe that we have enough depth in this squad....we could have done with the likes of Lukman Haruna, Kenny Otigba, Sone Aluko, Raheem Lawal, Imoh Ezekiel, Ike Uche, Obafemi Martins, Joel Obi, Nosa Igiebor, Leon Balogun....just to name a few!

However our core 15 Players are adequate!

The team actually has adequate build up play! If we harnessed the build up play, we would have laid waste to all our friendly opponents! Yes sure in the World Cup proper, teams will press higher....but the Super Eagles were also not exactly moving the ball around at their natural tempo in the friendlies anyway!

The biggest problem for us are a few organizational issues and communication! For example....why do we have a box to box player like Onazi.....sitting back! He must be unleashed! How do we address the problem in the hole? Who is the third man in the midfield? And how do we make the best use of Ahmed Musa for one!

and then of course there is the communication issue at the back! and also the communication issue upfront! The likes of Moses, Emenike, Mikel etc are not really linking up as they should! But the issue has been brought up and i am sure they are working on it!

Once we start making better use of the ball upfront...there will be less pressure on the defense ANYWAY! Because there will be less turnovers!

Omeruo will come back into the team as well, which will help shore up the defense! Oshaniwa is still learning the ropes, but he should settle down!

So there is a some last minute tidying up needed, but since the USA match till our match against Iran, there has been some time fortunately!

I think all in all....we will put it together....based on our core 13-15 players and a second round place is achievable! and even Quarters or maybe beyond! Do not judge the team on the friendlies!

Arrival in Brazil

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
1,631 Posts
The team would be quite fortunate to secure qualification from the group. I am not convinced they possess the tools necessary to mount any sort of challenge particularly in lieu of the exploits that can be attributed to our strongest competitors for qualification as is bosna from games I have watched. It will come down to our game against them and I think we might falter. By the way, regarding @tbite's analysis, the reason in my observation onazi can't be unleashed in his preferred role is a function of mikel's vulnerability. To render free rein to onazi alongside an indiscipline mikel, would be to exercebate an already problematic area in the middle of the park as could be seen in our friendly games. I would argue that an extra body be thrown into the middle to assure some stability, else, those vulnerability will be ruthlessly exposed by top quality opposition.

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
(Click to Enlarge)

·
Expert
21,675 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nigeria's Starting 11 to face Iran

Coming from Reliable Sources

Vincent Enyeama, Juwon Oshaniwa, Godfrey Oboabona, Keneth Omeruo, Efe Ambrose, Victor Moses, Emmanuel Emenike, Ahmed Musa, Ramon Azeez, John Mikel Obi, Ogenyi Onazi
You shouldn't be getting the lineup this early, but here it is!

1 - 20 of 160 Posts