SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will post some road tourism videos from Romania on this thread. The movies show real-time driving on some roads, and I put some pictures also and explanations during the video about the area we go through and the inhabited places on the way. Enjoy!

The first video shows DN57 between Orsova and Moldova Veche, a very nice drive through the Iron Gates Gorges of Danube:

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Road tourism in the Subcarpathians hills, we travel on secondary roads between Curtea de Arges and Calimanesti. The road is in bad state, with 2 unpaved sections, but goes through some very nice hilly landscape. If modernized, it could serve as an alternative, at least for small cars, for the DN7 over the infamous Black Hill.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Road tourism in an area with a high density of important tourist sites. We travel between Calimanesti and Ramnicu Valcea, making stops (photos included) at Arutela Castrum, Cozia Monastery, Calimanesti-Caciulata spa resort and Ramnicu Valcea. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
A road that I like a lot, as we go over 6 hills in just 50km and we visit the historical towns of Campulung, Curtea de Arges (UNESCO World Heritage) and also the roman fortress of Jidova in between, with photos integrated in the video. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
DN2G, through the hills west of Bacau. It is a nice drive, on a relatively good quality road, through nice landscape. At the end of the video I put some photos from Bacau.

P.S. I would be glad if you could also leave a feedback on youtube if you like the videos (a like, comment or subscribe would help me a lot).

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Who really cares about roads in Romania? And do you really think that it needs a new topic section?? Moderators really need to check better what is happening and delete spam posts.
Also Bulgarians know a lot about your roads and country at all... and your tries to change our opinion of that will be totally unsuccessful :)

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Who really cares about roads in Romania? And do you really think that it needs a new topic section?? Moderators really need to check better what is happening and delete spam posts.
Also Bulgarians know a lot about your roads and country at all... and your tries to change our opinion of that will be totally unsuccessful :)
The one who don't care should just ignore this thread. It is a travelogue thread, no spam at all, as road tourism and roadtrips are also a form of travel. You can know a lot about a country just by travelling on its roads. And my videos don't just show the roads, but I tried to write also some informations about the area and the places I was going through and also inserted photos from the most interesting places..

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
A nice drive in Gorj County (Romania), visiting the oldest wallachian monastery. The good combination between forrested and wide-open areas, no very long villages and nice views of the Valcan Mountains are good ingredients for a nice drive.

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
:LOL::LOL::LOL:

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Let's drive to Fagaras Mountains during the next video. We will visit Curtea de Arges, Poienari Fortress and Vidraru Dam, with photo stops included. The road DN7C, also called Transfagarasan, is very spectacular to drive. Enjoy!

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
A nice drive in the Baragan Plains, through a peaceful rural area, on a road offering wide views of the landscape around. We visit the spa town of Amara and the very nice historical town center of Buzau.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
A drive in West Romania, in the historical province of Banat, on the major route DN6, from Lugoj to Caransebes. The historical centers from Lugoj and Caransebes are well worth a stop if you are travelling through this nice area.

·
Registered
5,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
A relatively short drive through The Subcarpathians Hills in Romania. We visited the nice spa town of Baile Olanesti during this trip. Enjoy!

P.S. If you find the videos useful, please subscribe also to my youtube channel. It helps me a lot in my mission to touristically promote the areas I drive through. Thanks a lot!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts