Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
35,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i waited for him to make a thread but he hasnt so if anyone is interested, rob will be on the politics show on bbc1 a bit later which is filmed from the top floor of criterion place :)
its on from 12.00 to 1.00pm on bbc1.

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
well i waited for him to make a thread but he hasnt so if anyone is interested, rob will be on the politics show on bbc1 a bit later which is filmed from the top floor of criterion place :)
its on from 12.00 to 1.00pm on bbc1.
criterion place !!!!! ::cheers: Am i in lala land? I know its my birthday but ... :)

·
Bermondsey Boro
2,343 Posts
criterion place !!!!! ::cheers: Am i in lala land? I know its my birthday but ... :)
It's a surprise birthday present for you, we managed to knock up Criterion Place overnight. Might not be too stable like as we didn't have time to do foundations. ;)

Happy birthday, have a great day! :)

·
Loiner and Proud.
1,263 Posts
Hmmm I wonder what he meant by "the panicle of applications are around city square".
Does that meen more than Lumiare? I think it does. but where?
City Square house?

·
break
160 Posts
i had the same feeling although he may have simply be refering to luminere as its not far! Lets hope its city square house. Rob will have asked him im sure.

·
Registered
30,593 Posts
Pinnacle I think because while the tall buildings are off City Square, the axis kinda lead to City Square- theres a southern axis with BWP, City One etc coming up to City Square, the western axis with Lumiere, Monkbridge, Providence leading up to City Square and then the northern/eastern axis takes in the older talls like Park Plaza, WRH etc. But I could be wrong? City Square is the logical centre of the city though, where all quarters meet.

I saw it too :) I thought it was an OK report but there was a bit of negative bias I felt. Didn't cover some talls but it did show buildings like Tower North that are not new at all.. so.

·
BAND
3,239 Posts
Anyone youtube'd this or might it be on Catch Up TV on Demand (Virgin Media)? Should be interesting to see a forumer on the tele, especially from the top of Bridgewater Place.

·
BAND
3,239 Posts
Typical, the version on Catch Up TV had the London edition, bloody centralisation! Anyway, caught the version on the internet and have to say some valid points were made. Thought the angle taken was particularly slanted against tall buildings and while Bridgewater Place may be faintly reminiscent of 60's design, it certainly is not ugly in my mind. The guy from Sheffield seemed to express it well. Criticism of small scale underwhelming developments, rather than the outreaching high quality tall developments. However, can't exactly see the likes Opal Tower fall into that latter category, and in terms of that, the Civic Trust are right to voice concerns about quality.

Good spot by the way Rob, perhaps gave us all a bit more publicity on this here internets.

·
6,979 Posts
Click on here for the regional programme then click 'latest programme'

Ah, that was a fun day, the roof of Bridgewater Place is an excellant place to spend a Sunday morning, the view from up there was breathtaking. The presenter Len Tingle is a really nice guy, he gave me a full guided tour of the BBC studios after shooting, while they were producing and transmitting the show live, including Kathy Killick's studio, the editors rooms and the main control 'nerve centre', it's all run like a military operation, it was really interesting.

Had a really good chat with Jon Thorpe, the Leeds Council planning chief, nice chap, and certainly has a very positive attitude towards a progressive skyline. We certainly have him to thank in part for Leeds' excellaant progress to date.

I didn't think the show was too negative as everyone interviewed was in favour of high rise buildings as long the quality and location are right. That seems like quite a balanced view, I've certainly heard worse.

Shame they said the Sheffield tower would beat BWP, as that one is unlikely to commence as planned.

·
Building Sustainability
2,777 Posts
Click on here for the regional programme then click 'latest programme'

Ah, that was a fun day, the roof of Bridgewater Place is an excellant place to spend a Sunday morning, the view from up there was breathtaking. The presenter Len Tingle is a really nice guy, he gave me a full guided tour of the BBC studios after shooting, while they were producing and transmitting the show live, including Kathy Killick's studio, the editors rooms and the main control 'nerve centre', it's all run like a military operation, it was really interesting.

Had a really good chat with Jon Thorpe, the Leeds Council planning chief, nice chap, and certainly has a very positive attitude towards a progressive skyline. We certainly have him to thank in part for Leeds' excellaant progress to date.

I didn't think the show was too negative as everyone interviewed was in favour of high rise buildings as long the quality and location are right. That seems like quite a balanced view, I've certainly heard worse.

Shame they said the Sheffield tower would beat BWP, as that one is unlikely to commence as planned.
What? No pictures taken on this once in a lifetime opportunity rooftop views of the city from BWP?

Great show there all the same. It can't have been easy to focus on things properly on a rooftop 30 storeys high in front of a TV camera so well done!

You kept that quiet, I don't recall you saying anything about it last night?:)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts