Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yea, so I took these at 800 ISO...normally I shoot at 100 ISO and they are different. lol

went to the public safety building to ask for directions to a particular place and heard the police say there was 6 shootings that night...damn!

anyways...photos.

enjoy! more Rochester is on the way. :)

·
Told you so...
4,014 Posts
According to my camera manual, it relates to shutter speed and the amount of light required. All I know is when I got my camera, I tried it on all the settings, found the ones I thought looked the best, and haven't changed it since!

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
when you had a 35mm camera you would buy Kodak 400, 200 or maybe 800 speed.

its basically like this...for action, movement or limited light you up the ISO in order to lower your exposure time, unless you don't need to...like I didnt need to

ISO 100 - very clear

ISO 800 - some noise of grain in the photo, but still very clear on superior cameras

ISO 1600-3200 - if you like to take photos of missiles or hockey players lol

·
Registered
4,111 Posts
Great as always buffy so don't take my comments as a slam. You need to get out about an hour or so earlier. If you get a little more dusk in the sky you will be wetting yourself with delight.

hey were you ever able to hook up with that Buffalo calendar guy? Did he take any of your images?

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yea, I know...we wanted to get there a little earlier...but with these 30 sec exposures you can do some amazing stuff (drawing the light from the sky which the human eye cant do)

plus my dumb ass shot in 800 ISO so...hey its better than drugs. lol

Steel, the referral you did for me was a great move...thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts