SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, just wanted to share some photos of the ROC with you all. A buddy of mine, one who I go shooting with 90% of the time took some photos in ROC on day and I wasn't there. He has some great views and I just wanna share them with you.

Photos courtesy of N M Oaksford

Cool huh? I'm trying to get him to join the site as well. :)

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
The "Claw" has to be my favorite Rochester building, or at least my favorite architectural piece in the city.

Meanwhile, that building just to the left of Xerox in the first picture (don't know the name?) is a crime against the solar system.

The building to the left (partially obscured by a tree) in the third picture reminds me of a shorter version of the Liberty Bldg in Buffalo. Same style and basic layout.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
Great photos, you should get him to join SSC. The more WNY'ers the better.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
sargeantcm said:
The "Claw" has to be my favorite Rochester building, or at least my favorite architectural piece in the city.
lol, The times square buiding, yeah it is pretty cool. Rochester names a lot of its streets, buildings and parks after those of NYC.... Park Avenue, Central Park (where my grandmother grew up), Times Square, Manhattan Square etc.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rochester is beautiful, I feel more confident in the future of the city with the ship and the idiot mayor gone.

once this loft and infill movement hits ROC...its gonna be nice.

anyone interested in a Rochester forumers meet? YET :)

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
nice pics. i like that big white building.

it was a pisser that i didn't get a chance to make ito either rochester or buffalo when i was up in utica for a couple of months. oh well, i will when i move to providence.

·
Registered
3,973 Posts
You are moving to Providence? That's great, a real renessaince city. Maybe after some time there you can give the Upstate cities some specific tips to follow in it's footsteps.

·
make it so...
6,755 Posts
ROCguy said:
Maybe after some time there you can give the Upstate cities some specific tips to follow in it's footsteps.
i already can tell you that providence took it upon itself to bring it back from decline. while upstate cities have been too busy passing the buck and waiting for the state to fix things.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
jmancuso said:
i already can tell you that providence took it upon itself to bring it back from decline. while upstate cities have been too busy passing the buck and waiting for the state to fix things.
perhaps NY has the leash too tight in comparrison with Rhode Island?

I dunno, NY controls every aspect of NY, cities and counties are kinda just there, but not governed as intended by any means.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
BuffCity said:
perhaps NY has the leash too tight in comparrison with Rhode Island?

I dunno, NY controls every aspect of NY, cities and counties are kinda just there, but not governed as intended by any means.
I can't speak for RI, but in NH, county governments are virtually invisible. That role seems to be filled by the municipality, at least in NH's case as the state government is relatively "hands-off". Call it the anti-NYS; but believe me it breeds it's own problems, though not to say it's worse because it probably isn't.

I suggested before that Albany was not the sole source of our problems, but got blasted by our resident troll for saying so (not to mention being accused for causing the problems). But it's the fact of the matter, our local government has just as much to fix. I'll jump on Albany the same as the next guy, but answer me this: if you can't fix your own problems at home, how are you supposed to fix somebody else's? (Analogous to "how can you love someone else if you can't love yourself?")

1 - 11 of 11 Posts