Skyscraper City Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Some of you Chicago forumers ( I hesitate to use the phrase "fellow Chicagoans") seem upset about my Rockford postings. Of course, you (2) are a minoroty, but your message seems to be....that Rockford news does not belong in your special Chicago forum. Well I think you need to study history a bit, in order that you will understand the future.

Question. Who is the greatest Chicagoan of all time?

If you, as many historians believe, chose Jane Addams, well then, you chose a Rockfordian.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Jane Addams – Biography*
(Laura) Jane Addams (September 6, 1860-May 21, 1935) won worldwide recognition in the first third of the twentieth century as a pioneer social worker in America, as a feminist, and as an internationalist.

She was born in Cedarville, Illinois, the eighth of nine children. Her father was a prosperous miller and local political leader who served for sixteen years as a state senator and fought as an officer in the Civil War; he was a friend of Abraham Lincoln whose letters to him began «My Dear Double D-'ed Addams». Because of a congenital spinal defect, Jane was not physically vigorous when young nor truly robust even later in life, but she became a graceful attractive woman after her spinal difficulty was remedied by surgery.

In 1881 Jane Addams was graduated from the Rockford Female Seminary, the valedictorian of a class of seventeen, but was granted the bachelor's degree only after the school became accredited the next year as Rockford College for Women.

·
Cynical post-collegiate
937 Posts
Again, I don't see how this name-dropping changes the fact that this is indeed a Chicago forum, and while some of your posts are related to chicago, your most recent one had little relevance to the board.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, if you are a Chicagoan, you would likely be proud of Jane Addams....a Rockfordian.

The two cities have been tied for over a century. One reason Boeing moved to Chicago was Rockford, but you navel-gazing would-be New Yorkers had no idea about that did you?

Oy vay.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
yep, Mike Ditka equals Jane Addams.

you've well-displayed your logic.

Super Bowl Nobel Peace Prize

you choose

·
Registered
194 Posts
i think most of chicagos population would agree with ditka.

ok heres to your nobel peace prize.... i guess since Albert Abraham Michelson who the nobel prize in 1907 from the university of chicago. so i guess we can post about Strelno, Prussia (germany) thats ok now right?

·
Registered
194 Posts
its simple just don't rockford crap in a chicago forum. its simple and easy to understand.

get the admin to make a rockford sticky for you in the midwest forum if you want people to read your crap.

·
Registered
207 Posts
i dont mind Rockford threads in this forum... although i do mind this thread, which seems to have been made to only antagonize the posters of this forum.

i really dont mind any illinois posts or northwest indiana or southeastern wisconsin posts here. hell, id be pleased by Milwaukee posts. but i guess thats just me :)

·
Banned
9,194 Posts
Rockford said:
Question. Who is the greatest Chicagoan of all time?

If you, as many historians believe, chose Jane Addams, well then, you chose a Rockfordian.
That's a Hull of a thing to say!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.