1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rockwell eyes venture with Burj al-Arab designer

Development of former Colgate property
By: Daxim L. Lucas
Philippine Daily Inquirer
1:28 am | Thursday, December 15th, 2011

1share13 7

Lopez-owned Rockwell Land Corp. announced Wednesday that they were in negotiations with the designer of the iconic Burj al-Arab hotel in Dubai for the expansion program of the high-end property developer.

In a briefing, Rockwell Land officials said that Uruguayan architect Carlos Ott—who is also famous for designing the Opera de la Bastille in Paris—is being wooed for him to be part of the so-called “Greater Rockwell” project that will see the size of the upscale enclave grow toward the direction of the Pasig River.

Read more : http://business.inquirer.net/35125/rockwell-eyes-venture-with-burj-al-arab-designer

·
Banned
506 Posts
wow, i expect the first 100 story building in the country at 420 meters in height,just my expectations with rockwell and lopez group, why hired something someone if doesn't do nothing

·
Urbanista de Locale
74 Posts
wow FINALLY the long wait is over..kaya pala nung dumaan ako sa jp rizal nung nakaraang linggo lang hinawan na yung matataas na talahib..nabili na pala..

looking forward to this another exciting development.. :cheers:

next stop..the Sta. Ana Racetrack!

:banana::banana::banana:

·
Banned
506 Posts
wag na,sasakopin na ni pangilinan ang meralco ang soon the entire first company,kayat maganda kong BINIBINING PANGILINAN TOWER nalang,lol

·
ᜀᜈᜃ᜔ ᜋ,ᜋ,
1,699 Posts
i hope the lopez group can again compete for the tallest skyscraper in the country along with century properties, picar & ortigas co.

·
Registered
353 Posts
There is a huge track of land with this hulking rusty abandoned factory/warehouse just across the Pasig River next to the Acqua Residences. Would this be part of Greater Rockwell district? The ex-Colgate Palmolive land next to Rockwell is indeed big. I wonder if it will also cover the abandoned Metropolitan Building and the areas around it?

·
Urbanista de Locale
74 Posts
^^

mukha nga yan yung sinasabing dun sa article na hanggang sa kabila..swerte ng Mandaluyong..pati sila kasama sa pag-asenso ng Rockwell..

Laperal Compound should be next to be bought of..palayasin na yung mga IS dyan..malaki-laki rin ang Laperal..

·
Registered
591 Posts
Anu ba yun mga blue buildings sa baba ng laperal compound?

Sana may plans din sila idevelop yun laperal ganda pa nmn ng locaton tpos facing edsa pa...

·
Banned
771 Posts
There is a huge track of land with this hulking rusty abandoned factory/warehouse just across the Pasig River next to the Acqua Residences. Would this be part of Greater Rockwell district? The ex-Colgate Palmolive land next to Rockwell is indeed big. I wonder if it will also cover the abandoned Metropolitan Building and the areas around it?

i think....sabi grow towards the pasig river; not across the pasig river

·
Registered
1,161 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think only the 2 hectares Colgate property yung nabili ng Rockwell. Its large enough for 5 to 6 towers.

·
Registered
353 Posts
i think....sabi grow towards the pasig river; not across the pasig river
^^^^

Third paragraph of the article:

"Officials declined to provide more details about the project expansion phase, but it has already been reported earlier that Rockwell Land wanted to grow its property northward with its acquisition of the two-hectare adjacent property where the former Colgate-Palmolive plant stood as well as to expand across the river into Mandaluyong City."

http://business.inquirer.net/35125/rockwell-eyes-venture-with-burj-al-arab-designer

·
Banned
771 Posts
^^^^

"Officials declined to provide more details about the project expansion phase, but it has already been reported earlier that Rockwell Land wanted to grow its property northward with its acquisition of the two-hectare adjacent property where the former Colgate-Palmolive plant stood as well as to expand across the river into Mandaluyong City."

http://business.inquirer.net/35125/rockwell-eyes-venture-with-burj-al-arab-designer
bat nawala yung 3rd paragraph

·
10,706 Posts
^^ Nasa full article yung 3rd paragraph. Please read the full article.

The article made it clear "reported earlier" so I think it may also refer to earlier reports about Rockwell Land acquiring the former Noah's Ark Sugar Refinery property which had already been acquired by Century Properties for their Acqua project.

1 - 20 of 1412 Posts