SkyscraperCity banner

181 - 200 of 298 Posts

·
49,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #182
Inje Tunnel

The largest tunnel project of South Korea is the Inje Tunnel, part of Expressway 60 from Seoul to Yangyang. The new tunnel will open to traffic in 2015. It will be the longest road tunnel of South Korea.

·
49,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #191

·
Té con pastas member
18,646 Posts
Where are the korean users in SSC? This project will be finish next year and the first information was today (thanks ChrisZwolle)

Find information about korean projects is really difficult so, no korean users, no korean threads.

·
49,767 Posts
Discussion Starter #195
Expressway 14

A new expressway recently began construction; Expressway 14 from Hamyang to Ulsan (145 kilometers long).

It runs about 30 kilometers north of Expressway 10 and 30 kilometers south of Daegu. Closer to Ulsan it runs just south of Expressway 16, apparently to give the major industrial city of Ulsan a second outlet to the west.

The first 45 kilometer segment from Miryang to Ulsan began construction in March 2014. It will open in 2019 or 2020. The remaining sections from Hamyang to Miryang will begin construction in 2014 and 2015, so that the entire expressway is completed by 2021.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Where are the korean users in SSC? This project will be finish next year and the first information was today (thanks ChrisZwolle)

Find information about korean projects is really difficult so, no korean users, no korean threads.
my guess is that there aren't many koreans who are proficient in english? i don't know lol

·
insertoronto
4,027 Posts
South Koreans tend to be very proficient in english. More likely they stick to the local sections or have some sort of local korean website with a similar focus of SSC but in korean.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I read in Wikipedia that all expressway in South Korea have tolls. Is true?

I can't believe that some stretches have no tolls. (bypasses, entrances to cities, etc.)

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
^^ It makes sense, it's the same thing in Iran. The sections near cities are there to reduce traffic in the city and this can be done if they are toll-free
Sections outside the city would be utilized anyways even if it's tolled

181 - 200 of 298 Posts