SkyscraperCity banner

1521 - 1535 of 1535 Posts

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
StadiumDB are a bit late. I have already posted the development multiple times, since the beginning, just that we are getting photos not so often. the stadium is located near the Polyvalent Hall (Arena Sepsi) from Sf Gheorghe, where for instance the Romanian Government invested 19 million euros.

Sf Gheorghe could have asked even for more money, even for an ice rink, through the Compania Națională de Investiții (CNI) because the state or the government actually do not give money directly in Romania. the mayors should come with projects to the CNI. CNI belongs to a ministry, but is a joint-stock company.

something else, the stadium will not be built without 23-25 million euros. they told the press they have already invested plenty (according to the Realitatea de Covasna: fiind investite, până în prezent, peste 12 milioane de euro.) so already over 12 million euros and the stadium is not even 70% completed, plus it will also need to be covered also with a "facade". the estimations were very wrong.

there are many projects running, also in Blaj, Oradea etc from where we don't get so often photos like from Bucharest.

·
Banned
1,638 Posts
Do you know who is the architect of this sports hall?

It kinda reminds me of the one in my city (exterior because of the stairs, but the interior really looks similar):

yes, the architect was Atelier RVD and general contractor SC ACI CLUJ SA. Structural engineer Bogart Construct. all were from Cluj Napoca.

but since these halls are smaller, the 2 minor stands are very often met. I see also a lot of projects like this in NCAA in the United States. basically at under 4,300 seats or so, you must come with 2 smaller stands behind the goals. in plus the type of stairs belongs to Germany and USA, it is pretty popular. might be granite in Romania and black tiles in Croatia. I also think the 2 stands are mobile in Sf Gheorghe, and there were rumours the arena will also serve as ice rink.

new indoor arena of Oradea which is currently built, looks a lot more similar than Osijek-Sf Gheorghe comparison, TO a NCAA beautiful hall. as interior.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Any word on timeline for the Dinamo Bucharest stadium?
There is no timeline for the Dinamo Stadium. The current stadium cannot be demolished as it has multiple owners and some of them opose the demoltion. The back-up plan failed also ( to demolish a velodrome and build the stadium there) after no agreement had been reached with the romanian cycling federation because they want a new velodrome to be built if the old one is demolished.

·
Registered
32 Posts
The mayor of Oradea just announced on facebook that he will propose the construction of a new 14-15k seat stadium. People in the comments demanded a 20-25k seater.

1521 - 1535 of 1535 Posts