SkyscraperCity banner

How many tiers should the new Curva Sud have?

• One

Votes: 155 47.7%
  • Two

Votes: 77 23.7%
  • Three

Votes: 93 28.6%

• Total voters
1181 - 1189 of 1189 Posts

·
Registered
502 Posts
Thanks Thomas
Hopefully Inter, Fiorentina, Atalanta, Roma, Bologna and Milan will all have new stadiums in 2024.
Then we just need Napoli and Lazio to follow their examples. Unfortunately both owners belong to the poorer part of the football world. Juventus and Inter have lots of financial muscles whereas Fiorentina and Roma are getting there.
It's exciting to see if Elliott Management will keep Milan. They have some money too.
Atalanta is reconstructing theirs and will completed within the next two years. Bologna should be starting the reconstruction of Renato Dall"Ara soon. As for the others I doubt you'll see ink drying on paper let alone a shovel in the ground by 2024

·
19,246 Posts
Atalanta is reconstructing theirs and will completed within the next two years. Bologna should be starting the reconstruction of Renato Dall"Ara soon. As for the others I doubt you'll see ink drying on paper let alone a shovel in the ground by 2024
Old "protected" stadiums: end of an era. The amendment "Sblocca Stadi" gets the green light.
Mayors and Clubs can bypass the will of the Superintendences of Cultural Heritage.

“The approval for the Stadio della Roma ought to be decided the end of the year”, Mayor of Rome Virginia Raggi said this evening.

It was meant to be this month.
Lol. The "poor" girl has lost two pieces: the Presidents of two Commissions -Finances and Urban Planning- have resigned. In the meantime, she's waiting to meet Friedkin.

But don't worry. She wants to be re-elected and can't afford to lose the votes of those citizens who also are fans of AS Roma.

Reactions: EPA001

·
Registered
502 Posts

·
Registered
953 Posts
Too bad this news comes after Atalanta is almost finished with reconstruction of their stadium. I know their design was based on keeping one of their sideline stands due to heritage protection.
One the one hand I like the old stands very much - one the other hand, it looks a bit out of dimensions with bigger stands behind the goals. I would have liked to add around 5-6 more seats on top of the two old stands to have one big roof covering the whole stadium.

·
Registered
953 Posts
[...]
Change is needed and now it looks like it may be happening. The Italian Government has looked at the national game and realised it is a business. As Italy’s economy has been decimated by the COVID pandemic, it needs a kick-start and football is one area they have identified. They have focused on the stadiums and looking to put together a stimulus package called the ‘Shock Plan’.
Former Prime Minister Matteo Renzi has been behind a movement that calls for the aforementioned limitations to be lifted, so clubs can re-build or at least renovate. “It’s essential we remove the urban development limitations. It’s unthinkable that San Siro can be renovated, but not the Stadio Franchi in Florence.”
[...]

Stadium law can transform Serie A | Football Italia

www.football-italia.net
www.football-italia.net

____

My dream:
Milan 60.000
Inter 60.000
Roma 50.000
Lazio 45.000
Napoli 45.000
Fiorentina 40.000
Bologna 30.000
Genoa 30.000
Sampdoria 30.000
The rest 20.000-25.000
(Juventus 41.500)

·
18,567 Posts
Rome mayor Virginia Raggi: “The stadium will be approved by Christmas”.

Rome mayor Virginia Raggi spoke at an event today at Acquacetosa and was asked about the updates regarding the Stadio della Roma — her words come one day after Democratic Party leader of the Capitol, Giulio Pelonzi, expressed his opposition to the project.

“It is very simple, the Democratic Party does not want the stadium,” she stated to Ansa.

“I believe, though, that it is right to move it forward. I had all of the necessary checks carried out on all of the administrative processes and approvals and there have been no irregularities”.

“The procedural steps will continue — the final approval (vote) will arrive in chambers by Christmas and it will be approved then”.

·
19,246 Posts
Pelonzi is not a credible man. He said that words to let the press talk about him LOL.
At this point, I am more interested to know what kind of agreement there will be between Vitek and Friedkin.

1181 - 1189 of 1189 Posts