Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some pics from the italian capital!

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

·
Αλέξανδρ&#
52,566 Posts
beautiful sts, thaks to share, the oblisc is realy Egipcian?

·
Strange User
19,706 Posts
woooooooooooooooooww wonderful thread. Why didn't you open this thread before? So unique, so special :eek:kay: Yes Obelisc is really from Egypt, one of them is in Paris, two of them are in Istanbul.

sts, please explain the photos. Where is where? I want to learn more, be our tourstic guide and teach us about this wonderful city...

·
Registered
2,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thank you Kuvvaci,you're gentle as always.So,here I go:eek:n those pics you can see the roman forums,the pantheon,various squares and some monuments.On the first pic is shown the roman forum,on the secod there's the monument dedicatd to the first italian king,Vittorio Emanuele II,on the third one there is the Trevi fountain,then via Condotti(the most luxurious of whole city),st Peter's square,Republic square by night,sistina chapel,river Tiber,Pantheon,Trevi fountain,spanish steps,Capitol hill,Tito arch,then there are some street scenes taken all over the city:republic sq,popolo sq,palatine hill,S Giovanni in laterano church.....

·
Registered
561 Posts
Arpels said:
beautiful sts, thaks to share, the oblisc is realy Egipcian?
All the obelisks in Rome are "original" (= egyptian!), you know italian people, they dont like "fakes" :D

Btw, out of 30 Egyptian obelisks in the world, only 7 obelisks are still in Egypt and 13 are in Rome.

Other obelisks are - in Paris, London, New York, Istanbul, Florence, Urbino (a small town in Central Italy), Catania (Sicily), Wimborne (a small town in Southern England), Arles (Southen France) and Caesarea (Israel), one obelisk respectively.

·
DIABOLIKVS
36,981 Posts
More than 13 aegyptian obelisks imported in Italy by Caesar Augusts (and another one is still in subsoil),
Roma has got 1 PIRAMID, built in the first century bC, when in Rome, after the Egypt conquest, and after the Caesar and Cleopatra, the last aegyptian pharaon, love affair, boomed the "aegyptian fashon".

So, this is the PIRAMIDE CESTIA, 37 m.

·
Αλέξανδρ&#
52,566 Posts
:uh: I never see that piramid before, fantastic, thanks for the information and to share this beautys with us Pavlvs.

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
Thanks for this thread sts. i really missed Rome. i remember that parts of the city when i see some pics. when i was in Rome(in 2000) i feel my self very different. very romantic city with full of history. the most beatiful city in the world after my homecity:)
i have tons of Rome pics everywhere from Rome. but i need a good quality scanner for upload them. maybe i will add my Rome pics in the future, i hope:)

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
Fantastic! :eek:kay:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts