Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
Its not a taxi rank, the taxi rank is further to the left of the picture. There were two 2-3 floor buildings on this site (probably built somewhere in the 1990s). Saw they demolished them a month or so ago, with escavation taking place now (and boards up for the new construction).

·
Jakes1
3,672 Posts
nice look... where is the mixed use component as the renders do not look like they have on street interaction, i.e retail
Will probably look a lot like the FIRS in terms of street interaction. A piazza between the two blocks. I am also assuming we are looking at the part that faces away from the FIRS. This part does not have a lot of potential in terms of street interaction. Therefore it will probably open more towards the Hyatt, the Zone and the Firs (if it does at all).

·
23,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Can't be cut and paste if the schemes are so radically different.

This is merely the theme of GLH's "best" work. GLH are the folk behind that horrible Vodacom monstrosity in Century City, Cape Town, if that puts things into perspective. They're also the architects behind 90 Grayston in Sandton. Note the similarities in façade choices...

I'm going to try to arrange an interview with the developers regarding this so hopefully we'll get some clarification on things like walkability etc.

·
23,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm not sure if this is the same development with a different design, but this is listed as "Rosebank Towers" (25 000sqm) on the Abland site. The link to the development page is broken, but this was recently added, so I guess we'll see in due course:

Hopefully - if it has changed - it'll have better street integration than the old scheme.

·
Design - Design - Design
166 Posts
#Rosebank Towers - 9F - Commercial - Rosebank | Planned

Good day all,

There's been some talk about this project, but I thought it time to create a thread for it cause i saw this...

20130623_151007 by JumpingJ1, on Flickr

Looks like the design has changed somewhat from the image about renting some office space... Anyone got some more news on this one?

(Thanks Lydon! )

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.