SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Taken today.

A great place to visit, the last Sunday of every month they run the trains for visitors. Sadly the line is cut in half at the moment due to problems with a bridge. They have a railmotor as well which usually runs from the mainline station at Rosewood to link with the Steam and Diesel service from Cabanda to Kunkala.

·
Registered
583 Posts
It's weird because I was at Cabanda station few hours ago after coming home from an epic road trip.
I did not know anything about this until I was at the station.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Love it, for the love of god, as much as we all love our mega structures and modern developments do not let this stuff slip through the cracks...

·
Registered Yooser
1,456 Posts
Nice pics, the Roswood railway museum is definately worth the visit.

For about $250 you can actually ride up front and have a go driving either the C17 or a DH class loco.

·
Premium Member
9,520 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Great pics Aussie Bhoy, thanks for sharing! How much does it cost for the trip from Rosewood station up to the museum?
At the moment there is a problem with the lower line, which usually runs a railmotor from Rosewood Junction to Cabanda, so there is a courtesy bus from Rosewood mainline station instead to Cabanda. Then you can ride the steam train to Kunkala. I drove to Cabanda myself and caught the steam train from there, the cost is $8. The station at Kunkala does burgers, sandwiches, etc so you can have lunch up there. It's a good trip, pity about the railmotor on the lower section, hopefully it's back soon. The trains run on the last Sunday of each month, so July 26th will be the next day to visit.

http://www.arhs-qld.org.au/Rosewood-Railway-Museum/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts