Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 825 Posts

·
Banned
8,280 Posts
Is this just for FC Rostov or will SKA rostov-on-don play here too?
Only for FC Rostov, which play in the Russian Premier League. Now SKA Rostov (which was much more successful in the Soviet years) is the team of Russian Division III and has its own stadium.

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Yeah I understand that, I'm not for ground sharing but wouldn't SKA have more fans than Rostov? And also what happens if they get back to the RPL is it likely? Is there own stadium good?

·
Banned
8,280 Posts
Yeah I understand that, I'm not for ground sharing but wouldn't SKA have more fans than Rostov?
I don't know situation in Rostov-on-Don. But I'm think that majority of SKA fans are people of the old generation, who remember about the silver medals of the Soviet Championship 1966 and about victory in the Soviet Cup in 1981, who watched how played Viktor Ponedelnik (who score the winning goal in extra time in the final game of the European Championship 1960 against Yugoslavia). But majority of the young generation are fans of FK Rostov. May be, I'm mistaken.

And also what happens if they get back to the RPL is it likely??
It will be difficult to return in the Premier League. In 2008 SKA finished 13th at the Russian Division II (where play 22 clubs) and must to play at same division in 2009, but they forced to move in Division III due to financial problems.

Is there own stadium good?
It's small stadium with capacity 11.000 spectators. Not so bad for Division III. For example, stadium of FC Rostov (Olimp-2) has the capacity 15.840 seats. I think, if it will be necessary, SKA can move at Olimp-2 when the new stadium for WC will be completed and FC Rostov will be played here.

·
Banned
365 Posts
Last 20 years FC Rostov is the most popular club in Rostov-on-Don. At the last derby of the Rostov fans were in the majority, when SKA and FC Rostov both played in the First Division.
Stadium SKA-SKVO (capacity was formerly 33000)
http://www.ska-rostov.ru/club/stadium/
Stadium Rostselmash, now Olimp-2, (capacity was formerly 32000)

·
Banned
8,280 Posts
Last 20 years FC Rostov is the most popular club in Rostov-on-Don. At the last derby of the Rostov fans were in the majority, when SKA and FC Rostov both played in the First Division.
Just a little help to avoid confusion:

Russian Divisions:
Division I - official name is Premier League;
Division II - official name is First Division;
Division III - official name is Second Division.

1 - 20 of 825 Posts