SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
shnnbp
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plans for a new skyscraper in Rotterdam. Big deal? No, but among both Nimby's and forummers there is a bit of a discussion whether this tower is :drool: or :puke:

Soo, lets us know and you have our eternal gratitude ;)

HEIGHT: 164,75m (functional height)
FLOORS: 45
UC: 2006 - 2008
ARCHITECT: Diederik Dam (Dam en Partners Architecten)

^^ these show the actual façade

^^ these images show the setting of the tower

Fire away!

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
I think it looks great!

It's not exactly the kind of building you would say WOW over (like the TT ;)) but it's still a nice design IMO.

·
Member #109
2,716 Posts
I like the last renderings better than the first. From the first ones (final design?), it looks like the windows will be quite small, like the old WTC in NYC.

MaasTower or not, I'll soon have to visit wonderful Rotterdam again. :)

·
Right Here, Right Now
2,652 Posts
I think it looks nice, but I don't get why nimby's complain since it seems to be located in an office area with no residential buildings around it (but since when are nimbys understandable? ;))

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Mr_Denmark said:
It's great ( by European standards ) - I'll kick DLL's teeth out to get that in Copenhagen ;)
I didn't know my teeth were that valuable! :runaway:

·
shnnbp
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
AtlanticaC5 said:
I don't get why nimby's complain since it seems to be located in an office area with no residential buildings around it (but since when are nimbys understandable? ;))
In the last (night) picture there are residential buildings on the left of the tower.

·
YIMBYer.no
1,386 Posts
I lokks a little 70s/80s on the renderings. But retro can be cool. It's slim and elegant imho. Maybe a little boxy. If you dutch people have problems with nimbys as much as us you are most welcome to join our International Skyline Action Force(ISAF) ..gotta spread the word.:)

·
Registered
931 Posts
I think the model and the render differ quite a lot!

The model looks like a classic skyscraper, well designed too. But why build it in this day and age?

The render makes it look ugly or at best average.

The one thing I don't like on both is the top which you see through. Reminds me of a person who's got nothing but air in his head.

·
Banned
148 Posts
Nightsky said:
Looks ok, but no more. On the first rendering it reminds of a 60s NY building.
I must admit I don't understand why you posted it in the Scandinavian and Baltics forum?
:weird: hes already explained why, this thread was meant to end up on the euro thread and ended up in the SB thread instead, disaster isnt it :sly:.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts