SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
shnnbp
1,766 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are plans for a new skyscraper in Rotterdam. Big deal? No, but among both Nimby's and forummers there is a bit of a discussion whether this tower is :drool: or :puke:

Soo, lets us know and you have our eternal gratitude ;)

HEIGHT: 164,75m (functional height)
FLOORS: 45
UC: 2006 - 2008
ARCHITECT: Diederik Dam (Dam en Partners Architecten)

^^ these show the actual façade

^^ these images show the setting of the tower

Fire away I'd say!

·
-
3,628 Posts
Shennbop said:
Dutch forummers are excluded to give their opinion about the tower in this topic for obvious reasons. After all 'we' are all biased :)
Nimby's are not?

·
47,100 Posts
edit,

This one is almost under construction!!! waiting for a thread on the construction page (and for the construction to start).

·
spaghetti polonaise
2,532 Posts
Not only that. The vertikal lines should be more discreet, so that one can still recognise the single windows from the distance.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
I don't like the parking garage in the lower part of the tower. And the tower is to massive in my opinion. I think the tower should be more slender and a little bit higher. Like this photoshop from our Dutch forummer PIE:
........................:banana:

·
Premium Member
38,003 Posts
Honestly, I dont ee anything special on this except it's height. But who knows, might looks stunning in reallife..:)

·
NWO Henchman
1,018 Posts
It's not :puke:, but I do think it's boxy, uninventive and quite boring. This may be modern now, but, in my opinion, in 25 years it will very probably be the somewhat run-down eysore of the city, and a target for nimbys. I'm no nimby, and I'd take this over some nimby lowrise-huggin' faceless midrise any day, but if I was the developer, I'd ask for a new and more graceful design. The little black building reminds me of a PS2... :), the large one is too sharp and uncompromizing, like it's not welcoming.... I'm not an architect, and I can't tell you it won't work, but (and I'm sorry to be such a hater), I think it will attrack more haters than lovers from the average joes in the end.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts