Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
shnnbp
1,767 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And this time in the European thread ;)

-----

There are plans for a new skyscraper in Rotterdam. Big deal? No, but among both Nimby's and forummers there is a bit of a discussion whether this tower is :drool: or :puke:

Soo, lets us know and you have our eternal gratitude ;)

HEIGHT: 164,75m (functional height)
FLOORS: 45
UC: 2006 - 2008
ARCHITECT: Diederik Dam (Dam en Partners Architecten)

^^ these show the actual façade

^^ these images show the setting of the tower

Fire away!

·
Registered
62 Posts
It gets one happy banana from myself :banana: ... even thought the tower is a bit cold and the surroundings also appear unattractive and lifeless.

·
The only way is up
86,612 Posts
It usually is a lot busier than the 6th pic suggests. I have my doubts about this tower, because they want to have a true landmark on this place, a world class design. This is not world class and the initial designs were better.

·
Streetwalker
7,028 Posts
I like the initial envelope and height of the building, but I certainly dont like the final look of the facade. I would have expected something more contemporary and radical. IMO the facade is mediocre. Hopefully the final product will look much better. :)

·
The only way is up
86,612 Posts
That is the Wilhelmina tower, with the court house just behind it.
I hope we can soon change this thread into an update thread, because the construction will start this year.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
this building is going to be an eyecatcher in R'dam.
Actually the city doesn't even have this kind of building among the numerous towers.
Slender , nice colours , good location , a real big city building for the city on the Maas.

·
Registered
13,365 Posts
I looks nice, not architecturally stunning, but compared to other buildings in Rdam it'll be unique. Personally, I really like it. could use some greenery or a winter garden though.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.