Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium member
10,374 Posts
Looks amazing. How can this be one the worst neighborhoods in the Netherlands? Is this supposed to be some kind of joke?

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
There are many nice rich ribbons in the city. These are of a high quality and give structure to the place. The side streets are often from a lower quality. I didn't photograped those streets. Eventhough it is still not the best neighbourhood it is more interesting because of its diversity. Big Houses, Small Houses, Rich People, Poor people. They live together well.

http://nl.wikipedia.org/wiki/40_wijken_van_Vogelaar it is the 3rd worst neigbourhood in the netherlands. But it is getting better and some araes are now a great place to live! A lot people believe in the potentials of this neighbourhoud.

·
Registered
4,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well if this is the worst neighbourhood then the best ones must look spectacular because that looked like a perfectly nice neighbourhood to me with nice looking houses and plenty of trees lining the streets. :) Great set.
There are better ones that are boring for people who loves urban places (example: some new towns in the Netherlands). But the best ones are very spectaculair.

·
Registered
725 Posts
Well if this is the worst neighbourhood then the best ones must look spectacular because that looked like a perfectly nice neighbourhood to me with nice looking houses and plenty of trees lining the streets. :) Great set.
Yeah it is a beautiful neighbourhood but looks can be deceiving, older neighbourhoods are in general the best looking in the Netherlands, yet often inhabited by the lower or more problematic classes. Neighbourhood might look fine on first glance but the drama is hidden, crime isn't always visible... but north is improving a lot.
TBH I dont get it, if you look at the new neighbourhoods in the netherlands half are just plain ugly and a disgrace tbh :p

·
Fluorescent Adolescent
7,860 Posts
I love the way people in Holland and Belgium (which i visited a few weeks ago) love their bycicles :D And i love how the roads are ready to receive those bycicles! I wish here in Portugal (where we have a waaayyy better climate conditions) we don´t have that. It´s a shame!

Thank you for the wonderful pics despite the fact of being neighbourhoods with all that social problems, but unfortunately we have that problems everywhere.

·
Crooswijkert
5,796 Posts
There are a lot of other nice looking neighbourhoods in Rotterdam, i.e. Het Oude Westen (The Old West), Het Nieuwe Westen (The New West), Veerhaven (Ferryharbour), etc.

So for all the people who want to visit The Netherlands don't only go to Amsterdam, but also pay a visit to the city of diversity: Rotterdam :)

·
In Time
3,070 Posts
Well it surely doesn't look like a worst neighborhood. So pretty. But if it is, then the other neighborhoods must be amazing! :cheers:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts