Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From a flight from Houston Hobby to Dallas Love. Was a zip in zip out trip so didn't get to walk around and get photos in Dallas.
Leaving Houston:
Hobby Airport:

Houston DT:

Between Houston & Dallas:

Arriving in Dallas:

I believe this is the Dallas Galleria Area:

Nothing but warehouses near Love:

Always wondered what this is:

Cross this body of water just before landing:

Leaving Dallas:

American Center:

Plane was right on top of DT, was very hard to get an angle on the buildings without the blur.

Arriving in Houston:

Hey, I think I can see my house near Tully Field:

Reconstruction of interchange at I-10 and Beltway:

New Hospital at Memorial City:

View down Hwy 59 toward Sugar Land:

Uptown/Galleria Area:

Greenway Plaza:

Rice U:

Medical Center:

Mosaic:

Reliant Center:

Adios:

·
Registered
754 Posts
Yeah, you missed the Galleria in Dallas. What you got a picture of was the buildings across Central Expressway from Northpark Mall.

Nice shootin', Tex!!

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Wow!!!! This is an amazing collection of aerials :eek:kay: I loved all the photos, but the one below shows some truly nice skyline density!!! Thanks for the photos.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thx for the nice comments.

Yeah, I knew I was sticking my neck out when I attempted to identify the Dallas Galleria. Ooops.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Man, those are some sweet pics and massive cities!
Excellent shots! Haven't been to Houston since 1986 and man she has grown!!
My buddies mom worked on the 88th floor of the.....some gas company bldg. I think. I do remember her saying they could look down on thunderstorms!

·
Registered
754 Posts
^^FYI, the tallest building in Houston is 75 floors.

·
Registered
754 Posts
They are more than likely gas wells. Natural gas is a booming industry in Texas and Louisiana right now.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Is it just me or is Dallas almost never shown on these forums? For it to be a major city as large as it is, we rarely see Dallas threads. Hell I think threads of cities like Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and for that matter, Birmingham, are all more common than Dallas, and Dallas is probably the size of those three put together.

·
MetroPlexer
654 Posts
Is it just me or is Dallas almost never shown on these forums? For it to be a major city as large as it is, we rarely see Dallas threads. Hell I think threads of cities like Milwaukee, Cincinnati, and for that matter, Birmingham, are all more common than Dallas, and Dallas is probably the size of those three put together.
Excellent question! Frequently, when threads about Dallas are posted here, they are either ignored or just used as a platform for bashing the city. So, I think many Dallas posters have tired of the treatment and concentrate on the Dallas Metropolis forum only.
http://forum.dallasmetropolis.com/

1 - 17 of 17 Posts