Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

Registered
Love Cresent, Toronto has nothing like it.
I find it funny that you would say that. The majority of Montrealers don't like Crescent street. Only Waste Islanders like it. It's also a tourist trap.:)

~ Mysterious Entity ~
Those sure r some snazzy lookin vehicles! I don't think I've seen anything like that in real life.

Registered
Crescent is pretty touristy, and is sort of like Yorkville here.
What is the story behind that last picture of the stampede of girls snapping photos? Wonder what they were chasing!
Probably some Bachlorette Party!

Every week end you can see a bunch of little girls (mostly from the West-Island) on crescent Street.

Premium Member
Probably some Bachlorette Party!

Every week end you can see a bunch of little girls (mostly from the West-Island) on crescent Street.
They remind me of Sunday nights at Campus, a gay stripclub on Ste Catherines in the village when it is "Ladies Night"! Lots of porky girls stuffed into black dresses! :lol:

Crescent is a great looking street, but it is a street for tourists and suburbanites. The people there are rather square. Cool Montrealers wouldn't be caught dead there or at least wouldn't go tell anybody they went.

Registered
I think Cresent is a lovely street but it's been a while since I've been there so its unfortunate it has become just another touristy street.
That happens, unfortunatly, to many a street.
I remember when I first visited Vancouver's Robson St in '84 and it really was a interesting, cool, street that catered to locals.
Now nobody who wants to seek a unique urban experience would NEVER go there. It is for brats from the burbs and tourists.

You are right. It happens everywhere. In Toronto, walking from Bloor south down Yonge street towards the Eaton Centre, the crowd changes considerably. The crowd gets alot less gay, urban, and with vastly fewer downtown locals. Within a block of the Eaton Centre it is alot more straight, suburban, and touristy. It feels like a different city on the weekends. Gay people can walk hand in hand further north. Try doing that on a Saturday at Gerrard and Yonge on a Saturday night. Not a good idea.

Registered
So your there every weekend? :tongue2:
FUnny guy!!:eek:kay:
To answer your question, i studied at Concordia University, which is one street over on Bishop Street, so I've spent my fair share of time on Crescent while I was supposed to be studying!:lol: :lol:

In reality, i find myself more often on St-Laurent Blvd or Mont-Royal avenue. During the summer months, St-Denis street is pretty cool, there are dozens of outdoor patios(Terrasse) to enjoy!

Registered
They remind me of Sunday nights at Campus, a gay stripclub on Ste Catherines in the village when it is "Ladies Night"! Lots of porky girls stuffed into black dresses! :lol:
TB, please don't take this the wrong way, but it's Ste-Catherine street. There is no "s" after Catherine(unlike the city in Ontario).

I notice that many Ontarians refer to it as Ste-Catherine"s" street, but it's wrong.

Sorry if I come off as being rude, it,s not my intention...it's just that it's a pet peeve of mine.;) :eek:kay: :cheers1:

Premium Member
LOL~ gotcha, habsfan! :eek:kay:
It does sound awful now that you mention it!

Gay people can walk hand in hand further north. Try doing that on a Saturday at Gerrard and Yonge on a Saturday night. Not a good idea.

I hold hands with my b/f everywhere downtown at any time of day and I see a lot more men doing it too. I don't think most people really care about that any more after all the public controversy of gay marriage. I would not do it out in the suburbs, though.

Registered
I hold hands with my b/f everywhere downtown at any time of day and I see a lot more men doing it too. I don't think most people really care about that any more after all the public controversy of gay marriage. I would not do it out in the suburbs, though.
You guys should be allowed to do whatever you want in public! Why is it Ok for a hetero couple to hold hands in public, or kiss in Public and not Ok for Gay couples??? We live in a society of hypocrites.:eek:hno:

1 - 20 of 56 Posts