Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Wales

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
For all RWC 2015 news, photos, discussion etc....and POLL!

First game: England vs Fiji @ Twickenham (Sept 18)

Final: Oct 31st

Rugby World Cup Pool Standings

Rugby World Cup Fixtures List

Pool A:
Australia
England
Wales
Fiji
Uruguay

Pool B:
South Africa
Samoa
Japan
Scotland
USA

Pool C:
New Zealand
Argentina
Tonga
Georgia
Namibia

Pool D:

France
Ireland
Italy
Canada
Romania

·
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All Blacks seek to make title history
http://www.rugbyworldcup.com/news/88729

LONDON, 7 Sept - The All Blacks must go where no rugby nation has gone before if they are to take the Rugby World Cup back to New Zealand.

None of the six previous champions has successfully defended the Webb Ellis Cup.

Coach Steve Hansen says the difficulty of the task makes this “a hugely exciting challenge” for the holders and knows that, despite being favourites, history is against them.

“The Cup isn’t ours. We are not defenders. Like everyone else, we are contenders,” Hansen told expectant All Blacks fans when he unveiled his RWC 2015 squad.

“We have to earn the right to win it through world-class performances. In doing so, we have to do something that no one has ever done before.”
No team has yet to successfully depend a Rugby World Cup. Australia came the closest in 2003 when they lost to England in the final, and then the following 2007 RWC England lost to South Africa in the final.

·
7,954 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You'd think so, but World Cups throw up all sorts of surprises. Teams that are normally consistent fall away, while you always get the odd break out team of the tournament.

Wales were definitely one of the best performers in 2011, but just couldn't put their foot down when it counted. And then France loses 2 games during the pool matches, but then goes on to only lose the Final by 1 point!

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
My heart says Australia, but overall there are no real clear favourites.. Even New Zealand has shown some chinks in their armour in 2015.

·
I need to find myself
5,237 Posts
England won but it was a close game for 60 minutes. Fiji might have got closer had Volavola and Nadolo got better accuracy.

·
I need to find myself
5,237 Posts
Japan won! Epic, epic game with numerous nail-biting scrum resets after the full-time siren. They could have gone for a draw but well done Japan. Boks were punished for not rolling away after tackles. Great team efforts, their fullback was the MOTM for me, but substitute Lelei Mafi was very good in his carries.

·
I need to find myself
5,237 Posts
Well done, I expected us to win, but not so convincingly. Other than 10 minutes in the second half where we wobbled, it was a master class. Scrum has improved a lot in Rugby Championship and all talk on how England would bully us in the scrum was proven wrong. Foley rediscovered his accuracy.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
New Zealand are the team to beat, and the only team this tournament to display the form required to beat them is Australia

·
I need to find myself
5,237 Posts
So nearly an upset. I can hope we won't be as bad next week. Shot ourselves in our feet so many times.

·
Registered
8,564 Posts
Australia played dreadfully and Scotland should feel unlucky about losing, lets hope that gets the Wallabies back focussed.

·
Registered
1,752 Posts
Argentina did look impressive against the Irish.
The Irish were missing quite a few though but haven't the Wallabies had a dream draw after winning their pool.

While normally I think World Cup's are hard to watch given the dourness, I've been pretty impressed with tournament's play. Best thing was for England to be punted out early, a lot of satisfaction was gained out of that.

1 - 20 of 58 Posts