SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 3099 Posts

·
111,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russia's Putin calls on government to improve roads
17 April 2006

MOSCOW, April 17 (Prime-Tass) -- Russian President Vladimir Putin has called on the government to work on improving the state of Russia’s roads, ITAR-TASS reported Monday.

With Russia's proverbial bad state of auto roads and the world's vastest territory, improving roads is a task of leviathan proportions.

At a meeting with Putin, Zhukov focused on road development.

In particular, the 10,000-kilometer road - the world’s longest - that links Moscow, Vladivostok and the Baltic Sea ports, will be completed soon, Deputy Prime Minister Alexander Zhukov said at a meeting with Putin at the Kremlin.

Private investors are expected to finance the construction of many highways, Zhukov said. The government plans to conclude concession agreements with investors financing the construction of toll roads, Zhukov added.

Speaking on air transportation, Zhukov said that a network of federal airports and international interchange hubs are expected to be built.

Putin also called on the ministers to amend legislation as soon as possible to stop the misuse of land allocated for the construction of roads and other infrastructure.

"It is perfectly evident to us that it is not ordinary people who buy land. If the Transportation Ministry and the Economic Development and Trade Ministry have a common position on this issue, then try to do it (amend the legislation) as soon as possible," Putin said.

At the present time the government is examining a bill on the reservation of land plots for the construction of roads and other federal infrastructure facilities in the future, Economic Development and Trade Minister German Gref said at the meeting with Putin.

The government will discuss transport strategy at one of its meetings in the near future, Putin said.

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
I've heard the Moscow ring road motorway is a superb road - D5 all the way? Cant find much information on it. Anyone an authority on it?

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Go Russia! It's by way of projects like this that they will recover their lost glory, now in a slick capitalist form.

·
Patatero Inside
9,924 Posts
Boards said:
I've heard the Moscow ring road motorway is a superb road - D5 all the way? Cant find much information on it. Anyone an authority on it?
The Moscow ring road called Московская Кольцевая Автомобильная Дорога (МКАД) has a minimum of 5 lanes on each way to 8 it's about 109km long.

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
Thanks bud.

·
Finno-ugric bitch
461 Posts
Some photos of MKAD special for Boards

·
Registered
51 Posts
Aokromes said:
The Moscow ring road called Московская Кольцевая Автомобильная Дорога (МКАД) has a minimum of 5 lanes on each way to 8 it's about 109km long.

What does it mean, that you wrote "to 8"?

·
Registered
10,828 Posts
Konoval thanks alot much appreciated :) Wow that is heavy traffic in the top picture.

·
Patatero Inside
9,924 Posts
kaunaz said:
What does it mean, that you wrote "to 8"?
From 5 lanes to 8 lanes.

·
Registered
51 Posts
kbboy said:
I guess he is trying to say that each side has minimum of 5 lanes and in some places upto 8 lanes. Not sure? :dunno:
As I now MKAD has maximum 5 lanes each side 10 lanes both side. It can't be so wide. Because last renovation as I was in 92-94. After when it wasn't expanding. Maybe it only can be that i some places is only 4 lanes each way.

·
Registered
69 Posts
AlCapone.Italia said:
I think it is this motorway outside Moscow, It's a motorway connecting Sheremetyevo Airport with Moscow airport.
that's unlikely. why would so many trucks be going to the airport.

1 - 20 of 3099 Posts