Skyscraper City Forum banner
1881 - 1900 of 2590 Posts

·
Banned
8,280 Posts
Is it Siemens or Russian made? What is the factory name of this train?
It's Siemens made (in Krefeld, Germany). In mid-2013 it is planned to start production of the second batch of 16 trains in a joint venture Siemens and Russian group "Yekaterinburg" - plant "Ural Locomotives" in the Sverdlovsk Region. The degree of localization of these trains will be up to 20 percent. Total planned 54 units. After the "Ural Locomotives" will take up the order for 1,200 cars for the "swallow birds", which made ​​the Railways in September 2011. Localization of production at this stage, to be increased to 80 percent. Siemens also has an order for maintenance of rolling stock for a period of 40 years. The contracts with the German Railways is estimated at 2.5 billion euros.

·
Banned
188 Posts
It's Siemens made (in Krefeld, Germany). In mid-2013 it is planned to start production of the second batch of 16 trains in a joint venture Siemens and Russian group "Yekaterinburg" - plant "Ural Locomotives" in the Sverdlovsk Region. The degree of localization of these trains will be up to 20 percent. Total planned 54 units. After the "Ural Locomotives" will take up the order for 1,200 cars for the "swallow birds", which made ​​the Railways in September 2011. Localization of production at this stage, to be increased to 80 percent. Siemens also has an order for maintenance of rolling stock for a period of 40 years. The contracts with the German Railways is estimated at 2.5 billion euros.

You may consider to buy Ukrainian made HSR solutions
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1538501&page=2

Double-decker Ukrainian HSR trains are also on the way.

·
свердло&
1,538 Posts
You have to be in custom union to make these kind of suggestions.
I don't see any connection.
You may consider to buy Ukrainian made HSR solutions
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1538501&page=2

Double-decker Ukrainian HSR trains are also on the way.
Those EMU's are for general purpose lines, not for HSR ones. The same is correct those ukrainian trains :).
But as far as i know there are a large contract with Siemens
After the "Ural Locomotives" will take up the order for 1,200 cars for the "swallow birds", which made ​​the Railways in September 2011.

·
Banned
1,944 Posts
you wanted to say "you, guys, need to distantiate yourselves from Russia to the same distance as Germany". after that you will respect. good luck :cheers:
No, I just was going to say that Ukrainian train has unproven quality and unlike of variuos spanish/german/french trains are not used anywhere on regular basis, also buying some western trains often means technology sharing. I don't see the point why Russia should buy Ukrainian trains, except political one.

·
Registered
2,962 Posts
Swiss railway rolling stock manufacturer Stadler Rail will build 16 four-car and 8 six-car double-deck EMU's for Aeroexpress, which operates the railway connections between Moscow and its airports.

Will these be the first double deck trains in Russia?

Press anouncement from Stadler (in German)
Railway Gazette Article on this

Those are very good trains. What will they replace? Old Soviet models? The last time I was in Moscow (1995) the condition of suburban trains was rather sad...

·
Banned
8,280 Posts

·
Србо**************** *****
5,194 Posts
Any new info on ED4M-0500? As far as I know, this train should have entered regular passenger traffic on Moscow-Yaroslavl railroad by december 2012, but it looks to me like this has been delayed, or at least I failed to find any new info/photo. :dunno:

1881 - 1900 of 2590 Posts