Skyscraper City Forum banner
441 - 460 of 4206 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
The fixtures were made in the form of the rocket nozzles:


The length of platform is 104 meters:


This is turnstile of Yekaterinburg Metro. Payments are made either by electronic cards EKARTA or by tokens, which were used in Moscow Metro in 1990s:


This is scheme of Yekaterinburg Metro. It consist of 7 stations:


Porthole of the cash office:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
And three "space" Metro stations from the different Russian cities for comparison:

"Prospekt Kosmonavtov" (Yekaterinburg; April 27, 1991):

Gelio

"Gagarinskaya" (Novosibirsk; April 2, 1992):

Gelio

"Gagarinskaya" (Samara; December 26, 1993):

Samaratrans

* Yury Gagarin (1934–1968), Hero of the Soviet Union, was a Soviet cosmonaut. On 12 April 1961, he became the first human in outer space and the first to orbit the Earth. He received medals from around the world for his pioneering tour in space:

Gagarin.su
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
YEKATERINBURG METRO

Station "Uralmash" (1991):

Photos taken by Gelio:
http://gelio-nsk.livejournal.com/122642.html

"Uralmash" is one of seven stations of Yekaterinburg Metro. It's located between stations "Prospekt Kosmonavtov" and "Mashinostroiteley". The station was opened on April 26, 1991. It's shallow single-vaulted station. The vault of station was made from reinforced concrete. The station was named after nearby Uralmash - Ural Heavy Machinery Plant. This plant is well-known in Russia and in ex-Soviet states:


The theme of the station's decor is the labour of Ural workers:


Monolithic vault of station is cut by the parallel edges on diagonal lines. According to original idea, it should remind about screw thread or the form of giant machines. The track walls are faced with grey and grey-white marble, the floor is covered by granite:


The depth of station is 6-8 meters:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
As conceived by architects, the image of the station will be associated with history of Uralmash plant, its becoming and with invaluable contribution to the strengthening of the power and prestige of country:


In addition, there was planned to devote the separate part of station to Sergo Ordzhonikidze (1886-1937) - People's Commissar of Heavy Industry of USSR, who initiated the foundation of Uralmash (1933).


 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
YEKATERINBURG METRO

Station "Mashinostroiteley" (1991):

Photos were taken by Gelio:
http://gelio-nsk.livejournal.com/122931.html

"Mashinostroiteley" is station of Yekaterinburg Metro, which located between station "Uralmash" and "Uralskaya". It's shallow (depth: 6-8 meters) three-vaulted station of column type, which was made from the modular ferro-concrete constructions. The station "Mashinostroiteley" (which translated as "Machine builders") is located near Kalinin Machine-Building Plant - one of the largest enterprises of Yekaterinburg. Founded in 1866 in St. Petersburg by a decree of Russian Emperor Alexander II, this plant was moved in 1918 into Moscow Region. In 1941, during WWII, plant was moved to Yekaterinburg, where it's located up to now.

The station was opened on April 26, 1991. It has been selected for solemn meeting devoted to the opening of Metro in the capital of Ural region. The architect of station was Nonna Kudinova:



There are two rows of columns. Each row consist of 24 columns with interval 4.5 m:


The color gamma of an interior is based on contrast (but at the same time harmonic) combination of two facing Ural stones. There are white marble Koelga and green Shabrovsky serpentine:


"Kalininskaya" was project name of station:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
YEKATERINBURG METRO

Station "Uralskaya" (1992):

Photos were taken by Gelio:
http://gelio-nsk.livejournal.com/123206.html

"Uralskaya" ("Ural") is a station of Yekaterinburg Metro, which located between stations "Mashinostroiteley" and "Dynamo". It was built near Yekaterinburg Rail Terminal and Northern Bus Terminal. "Uralskaya" was opened on December 22, 1992. This is deep-level three-vaulted station of pylon type, which was made from precast concrete. "Uralskaya" is a "gateway to the city". The main theme of decoration must symbolize strength and power of the Ural. Its interior is laconic and austere. Spartak Ziganshin was architect of this station:


The construction of station was begun on August 28, 1980:


Despite the fact that "Uralskaya" wasn't opened as station of first line, the history of Yekaterinburg Metro begins with construction of this station. Due to financial and political reasons, "Uralskaya" wasn't opened on April 26, 1991 like three northern stations:


On the platform pylons stand on cast-iron slabs. Inside the pylons have been submitted by the natural rock elements:


The massive stone pylons are supporting the heavy arches of vaults:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
In the vault of central hall have been installed decorative chandeliers from wrought iron, which were made at the Ural Electromechanical Plant:


There were used local mineral stones in the decoration of station. The track walls are faced with Nizhny Tagil marble, the pylons - with white Koelga marble. The floor is covered by granite with mosaic inserts of geometric pattern:
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
"Uralskaya" is a most deepest station of Yekaterinburg Metro. Its depth is 42 meters:


The tunnel between "Uralskaya" and neighboring station "Mashinostroiteley" is a most longest in Yekaterinburg Metro. Its length is 2.5 km:


Yekaterinburg was founded in 1723 by Vasily Tatishchev and Georg Wilhelm de Gennin and named after Saint Catherine, the namesake of Emperor Peter the Great's wife Empress Catherine I (Yekaterina). The official date of the city's foundation is November 18, 1723:


 

·
Banned
Joined
·
8,280 Posts
YEKATERINBURG METRO

Station "Dynamo" (1994):

Photos were taken by Gelio:
http://gelio.livejournal.com/123864.html

"Dynamo" is a station of Yekaterinburg Metro, which located between stations "Uralskaya" and "Ploshchad 1905 goda". It was built near stadium "Dynamo" and Palace of Sports "Uralochka" ("Uralochka" is a famous women volleyball club, which won 25 Soviet/Russian championships (1978-1982, 1986-2005) and 8 European Champions Cup in 1981-1983, 1987, 1989, 1990, 1994, 1995).

The station was opened on December 22, 1994. This is deep-level single-vaulted station. The architects of station were Arkady Zaslavsky and L. Maslennikov. The decoration of station is devoted to sport:



The original design of the drainage umbrella, which also become an element of architectural decoration of station, allowed to organize covert lighting behind the cornices:


It consist of a row of large openings with soft reflected light in the upper part of vault:


The floor and track walls are faced with red Karelian granite and Gazgan marble:
 
441 - 460 of 4206 Posts
Top