SkyscraperCity banner

141 - 160 of 177 Posts

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Everything that is the job of the government is beyond what is supposed to come from a "lower income" country. The issue comes when the population has to do the job, that is definitely "lower income".

But it's only the start, we're talking of a country of $800 GDP per capita. I hope in the coming years there will be a boom in apartment buildings to make the city dense and that they will find an architectural style that is not kitschy.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Are there any regulations about advertisements and information boards on the buildings? Sometimes they can destroy the common impression from the buildings. Hope Rwanda will not apply East Asian style - the advertisement to cover significant part of the facades and this leading to diminishing the architecture of the buildings.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Elegant, professional logos are still not common so they use those rectangles with a print to signal the presence of businesses. They really take too much space. As for the beer ads, it's an entertainment neighborhood so there are many bars, clubs etc.

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Top African Chef Dieuveil Malonga opens Kigali restaurant

Malonga worked at Michelin-starred restaurants Schote, La Vie and Aqua
famous for his "Afro-fusion" cuisine, he has been featured by The NYT, Vogue, CNN, BBC
“in the long term I expect we will see significant numbers of international guests" - he says

·
Registered
737 Posts
Top African Chef Dieuveil Malonga opens Kigali restaurant

Malonga worked at Michelin-starred restaurants Schote, La Vie and Aqua
famous for his "Afro-fusion" cuisine, he has been featured by The NYT, Vogue, CNN, BBC
“in the long term I expect we will see significant numbers of international guests" - he says

Hope he will be successful... finally something different in Kigali(y)
Is it advised to book in the evening or we can just pop in?

·
.mz.cv.in
Kriolu Morno
2,770 Posts
There's a hisper restaurant in Maputo called Kwetu, it's owned by a cool Rwandan guy. You guys can follow on Instagram. They make delicious Rwandan and Ugandan dishes. Traditional Mozambican dishes too, sometimes.
I never take my gf there because I like to look at the cute hispter girls in peace. 😊

The owner is such a cool guy. Speaks so many languages and loves Mozambique.

Reactions: Kigali_Paris
141 - 160 of 177 Posts