2x Recopa Sudamericana:
1993, 1994

3x FIFA Club World Cup:
1992, 1993, 2005

Current capacity= 73.501
Start of Works= started 08/2009
Finish the work= expected 01/2013
Value of reform= approximately 170 U$$ million
Design and Architecture= Ralf Amann (GMP Architects) & Ruy Ohtake, Schlaich Bergermann und Partner (SBP Stuttgart)

Aerial View 1

Interior view of the cover 1

Details

Metro-Link Parking

Parking

Parking Detail

· Registered
721 Posts
I'm glad they are keeping this classic traditional ground it's a shame that so many classic stadiums get demolished for a new soulless stadium when they could just have easily been renovated. One thing I don't get is the roof it looks strange, but like most renders I will judge it when it gets built. Is this the definite design?

· Registered
1,260 Posts
they should do the same as Maracana,, lower the pitch, and have a steeper, bigger, and closer to the pitch seats,

with that they can create even better athmosphere. Also I can see that the athletics track is not even a official one, so I see no point in keeping the track.

the new vip and press areas, seem terrific, plus a link between a metro and a stadium is always great, also very impressive a solution for the parking.

· Chupa q é de Uva..
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^^
In fact the minimum capacity required by Fifa is 60,000 for opening or closing of the world cup. Today the project is expected to have 62,000 after the work. But I believe that had been in 60,000:)
But being honest with you, I'd like capacity would be 70,000. I think it would be good size in Brazil.

· Chupa q é de Uva..
2,097 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I like this oval.
Are you sure that this will be the stadium that will host the Opening Ceremony of World Cup 2014,
instead of the stadium of Brasilia, the capital city?
It has not been decided yet, the official date of choices of the World Cup stadium will be disclosed only on 30/03/2009. But the favorite candidate for the opening and closing are the Morumbi and Maracanã, this has been addressed by the Brazilian football confederation president. Not sure that Brasilia has not hosted a game in the world cup. In terms of football in Brazil Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo has more importance and influence, there are other cities that have more tradition in football than Brasilia, for example: Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Recife and Salvador (who have more chances in Brasilia host the World Cup):eek:kay:

· Banned
132 Posts
It looks amazing but there's something I really dislike...... why turning a beautifull football stadium into multifunction stadium...I mean why the running track, i know that financially speaking is more rentable but it takes the beauty of football, or at least that's my point of view

· Registered
2,747 Posts
It looks amazing but there's something I really dislike...... why turning a beautifull football stadium into multifunction stadium...I mean why the running track, i know that financially speaking is more rentable but it takes the beauty of football, or at least that's my point of view
Took the words right out of my mouth.

Beautiful stadium that could really do without the track.

· Registered
58 Posts
It has not been decided yet, the official date of choices of the World Cup stadium will be disclosed only on 30/03/2009. But the favorite candidate for the opening and closing are the Morumbi and Maracanã, this has been addressed by the Brazilian football confederation president. Not sure that Brasilia has not hosted a game in the world cup. In terms of football in Brazil Rio de Janeiro and Sao Paulo has more importance and influence, there are other cities that have more tradition in football than Brasilia, for example: Belo Horizonte, Porto Alegre, Curitiba, Recife and Salvador (who have more chances in Brasilia host the World Cup):eek:kay:
So, probably, we will have Rio for the final and Sao Paulo for the Opening match.
Thank you very much for your detailed information.

1 - 20 of 292 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.