·
Banned
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)

here's a video I made about São Paulo

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
I don't find SP any more cosmopolitan than BA or Mexico City, and in my opinion, it's not nearly as beautiful as those cities or Santiago for that matter.

SP reminds me a lot of Los Angeles, and hopefully, as Brazil's economy booms, SP and Rio will rebuild as Los Angeles is doing.

I do like this, however.

·
Banned
11,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't find SP any more cosmopolitan than BA or Mexico City, and in my opinion, it's not nearly as beautiful as those cities or Santiago for that matter.

SP reminds me a lot of Los Angeles, and hopefully, as Brazil's economy booms, SP and Rio will rebuild as Los Angeles is doing.

I do like this, however.
Cosmopolitan means:

adj.
Pertinent or common to the whole world: an issue of cosmopolitan import.
Having constituent elements from all over the world or from many different parts of the world: the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt.
So sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest: a cosmopolitan traveler.
Ecology. Growing or occurring in many parts of the world; widely distributed.

São Paulo has the most ethnical diversity in all Latin America.

Italians, japaneses, coreans, chineses, south american indians, lebaneses, germans, greeks, jews, arabs, africans, armenians, portugueses, andeans, muslins, spanish composes our society.

This is the basic aspect that makes SP the most cosmopolitan city in this region.

Forget about the buildings or city appearance. I am talking about human diversity.:)

·
Paris-the city beautiful
1,106 Posts
Cosmopolitan means:

adj.
Pertinent or common to the whole world: an issue of cosmopolitan import.
Having constituent elements from all over the world or from many different parts of the world: the ancient and cosmopolitan societies of Syria and Egypt.
So sophisticated as to be at home in all parts of the world or conversant with many spheres of interest: a cosmopolitan traveler.
Ecology. Growing or occurring in many parts of the world; widely distributed.

São Paulo has the most ethnical diversity in all Latin America.

Italians, japaneses, coreans, chineses, south american indians, lebaneses, germans, greeks, jews, arabs, africans, armenians, portugueses, andeans, muslins, spanish composes our society.

This is the basic aspect that makes SP the most cosmopolitan city in this region.

Forget about the buildings or city appearance. I am talking about human diversity.:)
I'm glad you made in clear that you're talking about Human diversity - Paulista Avenue's diversity is about Zero!! Full of boring 1960's/70's boxes.
Fortunately there's much more to S.P. than that, show us some more please.

·
Registered
18,253 Posts
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!

Tchelllo, I love your São Paulo's portraits. You know exactly how to show the city soul. It feels like we were there.

And you are absolutely right: SP is by far the most cosmopolitan city in Latin America. These photos speak by themselves. The difference here in Brazil, we don't categorize people obsessively like other so-called cosmopolitan cities around the world.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I didn't expect so many european and asian looking people in Brazil. Actually I had a totally different view of Brazilians before (maybe because of predominantly "dark" football team)

·
Banned
363 Posts

I do like this, however.

I am sorry Guy.... I believe that you must be an Argentinean, Mexican, or Chilean with this your comments bashing SP. Have you been to SP in order to say that Bs As. or Mexico City is more cosmopolitan ??? I believe that not ....

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
I am English American. My mom is a UK citizen, and I was born and raised in the US.

I have been to every city I mentioned, and my father-in-law lives in SP. Sorry, but as long as you want to be insulting, the city is the ugliest I have ever been to. Also, BA has a wide variety of ethnicities, and Mexico City, like BA, is quite liberal.

·
Non dvcor dvco
326 Posts
I am English American. My mom is a UK citizen.

I have been to every city I mentioned, and my father-in-law lives in SP. Sorry, but as long as you want to be insulting, the city is the ugliest I have ever been to. Also, BA has a wide variety of ethnicities, and Mexico City, like BA, is quite liberal.
i like your comments it makes me laugh a lot ...:lol::lol:

·
Banned
363 Posts
I am English American. My mom is a UK citizen, and I was born and raised in the US.

English-American .... ???!!!! :lol:lol:
In this way, Please make a favour and don't go here anymore in SP. The Paulistas citizen and your father-in-law will be gratefull .....:lol::lol:

·
Banned
14 Posts

^^ Hey your troll English-American full of arrogance...if you want to ruin this thread , please don't go here ...Definitely you are not welcome here.

·
Banned
4,606 Posts
I was curious to see if this incredibly ugly city improved with the booming economy. Obviously, it did not and remains as heinous as ever.:lol::lol::lol:

·
Banned
511 Posts
I didn't expect so many european and asian looking people in Brazil. Actually I had a totally different view of Brazilians before (maybe because of predominantly "dark" football team)
Brasil also have millions descendants of Italians, Germans, Poles, Lebanese ... especially in the south and in sao paulo.

After the USA, Brazil is the most ethnically diverse country in the world.

Sorry for English.

·
Banned
363 Posts

·
Registered
5,241 Posts
Many good-looking people, specially this one in pink.

And please, don´t be so defensive. RobertWalpole has a very valid opinion, given that he has been to the cities he mentioned.

But this is not a City vs City, please keep sharing this very urban pictures, they're great.

1 - 20 of 265 Posts