SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today i've made my 10000th picture! (but this have nothing to do with this thread) :D

I would like to start a thread about churches all around S&B, but this time please show booth outside and inside pictures from one or other church (+ a little bit information about it). Well or atleast post a comment ;)

Ok, I will start, can I? :)

One of my favorite churches in Vilnius (and I do believe nobody here saw it before).

Pranciskonu CHURCH.

This church was finished back in 1421. It once was a completely gothic building.

Church sufered from a lot of fires and war's and was rebuilded several times. During soviet era this church was used as storage facility. Now it's unique mixture of several architecturical stiles (mainly gothic and baroque).

For now it's still under reconstruction.

Let's go with photos..

Gothic details was uncovered during reconstruction

Let's go inside..

·
Registered
446 Posts
Vytautas Church in Kaunas (1400)

Sorry don't have any pics of inside of it, but it's yard is the best place in Kaunas to have some beer :D

·
Positivist
2,590 Posts
Here's a few of Denmarks many many churches. (sorry I don't have any pictures of the inside either.. its pretty hard to find them)

Marmorkirken (also known as Frederiks Church) - this is probably my favorite church in DK :) - Founded in the mid 1700s.

The biggest church in Denmark is Århus Domkirke (Århus Cathederal) - The original is from the year 1300, but it was burnt down in 1330 and in the year 1500 was rebuilt again.

Another cool church is Grundtvig Kirke - It's relatively new.. Built somewhere in the early 1900's.

I like the design of this one. Kalundborg kirke ... It looks more like a castle than a church - Built around 800 years ago.

Roskilde Domkirke is probably my 2nd favorite church in DK - Built around 1400.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts