SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
tonyP took this today from Cremorne Point.what a skyline or skylines!
starting at left- Bondi junction,darling Point, darlinghurst,CBD,harbour,Milsons pt,North syd.

click.i dare you>

·
Watch my Chops
6,034 Posts
Game set match. Perfect.

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Don't get much better than that.
Well done !
In my opinion the elevated view of the CBD and North Sydney from Ruby St Mosman ( walk up the outside steps of the house at no 17...... it's ok no-one lives there) is preferred over this sea level view.
PLEASE TONY !!!!! :)

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
^^ I was going to go there but couldn't find the thread (thus the address). I'll wait until the conditions are perfect though....i.e, cloudless (or stormy), sun behind me, I get motivation...etc :)

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
heres a crop of just the CBD.love this angle
dont you think it would make a lovely banner header?

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
Tony P said:
^^ I was going to go there but couldn't find the thread (thus the address). I'll wait until the conditions are perfect though....i.e, cloudless (or stormy), sun behind me, I get motivation...etc :)
LOL, no worries.
I've taken pics from that location a couple of times now and always kick myself for having such a crap camera. It is a seriously BREATHTAKING view.
Just make sure you walk all the way up the garden path stairs of the house and literally stand on his front porch to take your pics. Trust me, you wont get mauled by a rotweiler or anything. I spoke to the owner last time i was there and said I was a tourist who wanted to get some pics and he was more than obliging.

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
im currently developing a slideshow power point presentiation on Sydney through time.
Im probably the only one that has the knowledge of what bldgs stood in each year from 1788 to present.Its taken me 20 years to workout which bldg went up or down in certain years.
ive drawn up a panorama as viewed from north/east and using a drawing 2d program im adding bldgs/structures to the pano and saving each year diagram in a folder.
From 1800-1900 i jump in 5 year increments. but from 1901 to present i add bldgs every year.
When completed next year, i hope to have approx 130 panos which show sydney through time all with year dates in top left cnr.
The presentation can been shown on a slideshow format or a power point display. or each pano cant be printed out as a poster.
cant wait to finish it.
I hope the sequence which can be slowed or sped up will show how sydneys' skyline developed.
from windmills in 1800's then church towers/chimneys clock towers in late 1800's and stone highrise in early 19th C.
then skyscrapers in 20thC and modern skyscrapers in 2000.
heres 1 of the diagrams which is from year 1880. it has the monolithic GARDEN PALACE which dominated the cityscape for just 3 years, but this is the only diagram it appears in because it burnt down in 1882.
the pano is 4km long at scale. It starts from St Benedicts on broadway in south to Harbour bridge to north.

·
Registered
12,865 Posts
If you owned a boat, Fort Denison would make a great apartment....renovate just interiors of course.

·
All the way with PJK
921 Posts
Holy crap! I don't even remember taking that pano Cull! I'll be sure to go and take another soon, when the sky is clear and the sun is out. I'm sure I could do better now that I know my camera a bit better.

Looking forward to seeing your timeline/powerpoint (or flash!) presentation.

·
Registered
76,985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
^thanks. just realised you took that photo nearly 1 year ago next week.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts