Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thanks Advertiser for the article:

SOUTH Australia is in the midst of a private-sector boom with new investment well ahead of the national average, SA Premier Mike Rann says.

Australian Bureau of Statistics figures show new private capital investment in SA rose 7.9 per cent in the March quarter, compared to a 4.7 per cent increase nationally, Mr Rann said.

New investment in SA in the March quarter stood at $1.27 billion, the premier said.

"This is the highest figure recorded in South Australia since records by the ABS on private investment began 20 years ago," Mr Rann said.

"This is the start of a great wave of investment that we are expecting to occur through this coming decade in our mining, defence and construction booms."

I am hoping for plane loads of new immigrants and a lot of regional development.

·
Registered
359 Posts
Great news. I'm loving the transformation, it's just the attitude that needs to change before Adelaide can really take off.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
I am hoping for plane loads of new immigrants and a lot of regional development.
I must say ive been meeting alot of immigrants lately!!!
Let the Good times roll.......

·
Registered
5,557 Posts
All over the place

Seriously sometimes when I walk around in the city, I often think to myself am I still in Adelaide or even Australia. The city has become very multi culture.

Its getting hard to spot a aussie

·
transatlanticism
1,449 Posts
All over the place

Seriously sometimes when I walk around in the city, I often think to myself am I still in Adelaide or even Australia. The city has become very multi culture.

Its getting hard to spot a aussie
what on earth.....

where are you? pyongyang?

·
we love cranage :)
456 Posts
Noticed in city it's becoming very cosmopolitan - not quite like the ilks of sydney or melbourne but if these are the signs of changing times for the city, all i can say is bring it on. In the last month or so, i've seen quite a few korean and indian businesses open up and alot more international students. Not to mention, better than usual retail trade in and around rundle mall area. Guess people have alot more expendable cash these days.

Hard to say where this boom will leave adelaide, but if it's anything like what has happened to our interstate cities who've enjoyed quite a resurgence in their local economy it should be a great leap forward.

·
Crazy young doge man
2,697 Posts
Good to hear. Just of out interest where have they been coming from?
Mainly from the UK, England inparticular. It must be our climate they like:).
Although i have meet a few chinese and indian immigrants (though not as many as those from the UK).

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Another indicator today can be found on news.com.au with the article ' Job ads booming economy'

'The rise in newspaper job advertisements in May was driven by increases in South Australia (up 9.3 per cent); Western Australia (up 7.8 per cent); New South Wales (up 6.5 per cent); Queensland (up 3.8 per cent); the Northern Territory (up 3.2 per cent); and Victoria (up 0.6 per cent).'

S.A with the highest growth.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts