(Is there any news about Sabanci 3?)

·
Strength and Honour
2,324 Posts
Really?

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
ok, thanks. So I guess it's in an office-park type setting. By the way, I suppose that most towers in Istanbul are located far away from the historical city, right ? Perhaps along major transportation routes such as highways or railways ?

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,983 Posts
urbane said:
ok, thanks. So I guess it's in an office-park type setting. By the way, I suppose that most towers in Istanbul are located far away from the historical city, right ? Perhaps along major transportation routes such as highways or railways ?
Except few (like Süer Plaza :bash: ), skyscrapers are mainly located in Levent and Maslak which are far away from the historical places. Both districts are close to highways.

Levent has a subway connection.

There are also smaller clusters in Þiþli (a bit closer to historical parts) and Kozyataðý (Anatolian Side).

These may give you some idea about Levent and Maslak... Pic features partially Levent, and Maslak at very back.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
Thanks System Halted. I am not a big fan of skyscrapers located close to historical centers (like Suzer Plaza is) either. I found Levent on a map and I guess it's quite removed from the old city. I couldn't find Maslak but I suppose that it's close considering the photo you posted.

·
re re re ra ra ra
4,745 Posts
Is there any news on Sabanci Centre 3? Or is it an unlikley dream...?

·
Head Knockin' Forever
12,983 Posts
If I were Sabanci, I would wait a bit longer. Coz there is a construction boom in Maslak, when you consider business centers and plazas. Then I would build a tower completely different and seperate from the current ones.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts