SkyscraperCity banner

621 - 640 of 2162 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
some awesome pics there Rushabh...
I have heard there is a photography competition announced by the Riverfront Committee ....open to general public....we might see lot more amazing pics around for few days now...

·
Banned
58 Posts
^ Awesome pics. I can't wait to see how it looks once all the tree's have grown.

The people of Ahmedabad celebrated the rainy Sunday on Sabarmati River Front. Incidentally today, the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) had organized trail of boat riding in river Sabarmati. The AMC has given contract to two agencies to start boating in Sabarmati river. The service will soon be opened for public. According to Deputy Municipal Commissioner Mahajan, pedal boat, jet ski, speed boat are some kinds of boats that will take the tourists to ride in Sabarmati river soon.

-Boating service in Sabarmati river will start from 15th August.

-There will be 10 mechanized and four regular boats.

-Two teams of Fire brigade will be deployed for safety and rescue measures.

-Boating service will operate from two points; one at Gandhi bridge and another at Nehru bridge. While first route will cover a ride from Gandhi bridge to Nehru bridge, the second route will operate between Nehru bridge and Sardar bridge.
http://deshgujarat.com/2012/08/12/i...rmati-river-front-with-walking-and-boat-ride/

Amazing to think that just 15 years ago this area was crap. Polluted, full of slums, water not even flowing properly. And now this.

I wish they would force people to paint their buildings. :lol: That's an issue in the whole of India however.

·
11,991 Posts
Actually that is a very interesting idea...until a new skyline emerges the least they can do is to beautify the existing skyline. AMC can do a joint venture with the residents in painting the buildings along the riverfront.

·
11,991 Posts
People enjoying the rain...courtesy TOI

·
11,991 Posts
Another...from AM

·
11,991 Posts
cc Shalin Vasavada

cc Abhishek Bhathawala

·
11,991 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
^ Awesome pics. I can't wait to see how it looks once all the tree's have grown.

http://deshgujarat.com/2012/08/12/i...rmati-river-front-with-walking-and-boat-ride/

Amazing to think that just 15 years ago this area was crap. Polluted, full of slums, water not even flowing properly. And now this.

I wish they would force people to paint their buildings. :lol: That's an issue in the whole of India however.
This is the first time I am seeing Indians using baby carriers :lol: I mean apart from the desi juggad :D Also they got the river front they got the clean water they should start kayak training :) May be even win us a medal next Olympics in kayaking hehe Any way to propose to government? :p I am sure young people would love to take kayak training

·
Banned
58 Posts
A small paint job would make a world of difference. Everything is too gray right now, kind of depressing which is why I'm excited for the tree's to grow in. It does look nice at night with lights I admit. My only fear is that if AMC asks people to pay a little bit for paint/labor the mango man isn't going to be happy.

Kayaking is a great idea. Gives people something to do and it is good for their health. However much is spent on the kayaks will eventually be earned back and then the operator can make a steady profit. It'll create a couple of jobs as well. Make people wear a life vest just in case and be careful that the current isn't too strong. Other than that, I can't think of any negative issues.

·
11,991 Posts
I'm really jealous of you Amdavadis .
Great pics yet again . Keep them coming !:cheers:
Dont be...you've got the Marina beach, which is also really awesome :cheers:

I go there everytime I visit Chennai.

·
11,991 Posts
A small paint job would make a world of difference. Everything is too gray right now, kind of depressing which is why I'm excited for the tree's to grow in. It does look nice at night with lights I admit. My only fear is that if AMC asks people to pay a little bit for paint/labor the mango man isn't going to be happy.

Kayaking is a great idea. Gives people something to do and it is good for their health. However much is spent on the kayaks will eventually be earned back and then the operator can make a steady profit. It'll create a couple of jobs as well. Make people wear a life vest just in case and be careful that the current isn't too strong. Other than that, I can't think of any negative issues.
Another thing they can do is hold a painting competition every year and cover the entire wall with attractive and colourful paintings (in a few years time). Only painters of a certain calibre and talent could be allowed so that the paintings would be first class.

AMC has already done this on some city roads, so it is familiar with the concept...

·
Registered
366 Posts
Yeah, many thanks to Rushabh for posting glory of Ahmedabad to this world forum. His tag "amdavad meri jaan" couldn't be more fitting :)

I have heard year to date rain is not yet 50%; has there been more rain lately?

·
11,991 Posts
Thanks CE079, Sunil :)

:cheers1:

621 - 640 of 2162 Posts