SkyscraperCity banner

641 - 660 of 2162 Posts

·
11,991 Posts
I have heard year to date rain is not yet 50%; has there been more rain lately?
Its raining heavily since the last two days, so the gap must have been reduced substantially :)

·
Registered
494 Posts
Narendra Modi to dedicate Sabarmati River Front walk way, water rides on 15 August

Gujarat Chief Minister Shri Narendra Modi will dedicate a lower promenade walkway of Sabarmati river front on 15th of August. A walkway is 7 km long on western side of the river and 6 km long on eastern side of the river.

According to the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) statement issued today 26 water rides will also be started in Sabarmati river front. Of them 25 will be launched on 15 August itself, while one Amphibious bus( a bus that can be operated in water and on road too) ride will be launched in the month of September.

Ticket rate for a ride in speed boat(total four) will be Rs 100, water craft(one) Rs 100, motor boat(four) Rs 20, Jet ski water scooter(one) Rs 200, pedal boat(15 minutes, total ten) Rs 15, Zorbing-water bubbles(five) Rs 60.

The AMC has also planned phase wise launch of ferry service, zip line(river crossing by cable), floating restaurant and other water based recreation activities.

The AMC has planned to launch ferry service between Vadaj Dadhichi Rushi over bridge to Vasna river bridge.

A dream run event will be held for runners at 4.30 pm on river front walkway between Vallabh Sadan and Vasna barrage and back.

On 15 August, the AMC has organized a grand musical event at Vallabh Sadan, near river front which is open to all.

·
Registered
100 Posts
no words to describe yaar....i cannot belive this kind of riverfront can be built in india.....great work modi ji....keep it up..we are proud to have a politcian like you...missing ahmedabad very very much....kash delhi ki yamuna ko kuch seekh mille is se

·
11,991 Posts

·
The Practical Idealist.
803 Posts
The so called beliefs that you mock, never asked anyone to put dead bodies in river or shit in it, even bathing is not true, it's just taking a dip (hope you know the difference)... The law can start there itself, only allow "asthi"in the river... That would go a long way in improving the river's condition. It's funny to see Hinduism being bashed in such ignorant manner... whatever happened to being civil. Education doesn't play any part in such activities, control is what matters.. People should first know what Hinduism asks to do instead of doing what they want to do and then say "It's in my religion, what can i do? "
Agreed! Throwing the dead body started mainly because people couldn't afford the costs of the final rituals on one hand and on the other hand, couldn't break the promises that they had made to their deceased relatives that their final cremation would be done in Varanasi. Atleast cremation and final rituals should be made available to people who desire that in an affordable way by the government, by constructing the necessary infrastructure for the same. Belief systems are something that cannot be changed and it is only the duty of an efficient government to accommodate the belief systems into their quest for modernity.

·
11,991 Posts
Yes they are neem and borsali trees planted in alternate fashion.

·
Registered
730 Posts
Dont be...you've got the Marina beach, which is also really awesome :cheers:

I go there everytime I visit Chennai.
The beaches are awesome but I wish that we could do the same for our two rivers .

Anyway , getting back on topic , I think it would be a terrific idea to have murals line the walkway .Once the trees grow , it will look spectacular .

Going off topic again , monsoons have really picked up now . Ahmedabad received over 100 mm in the last two days and I see the max yesterday was only 26C !

·
Registered
106 Posts
Now enjoy water sports in Sabarmati river

AHMEDABAD: For those wanting to enjoy water sports adventure, here is a good news, Chief Minister will on Wednesday inaugurate water sports activities and a walk way.
The water sports and walk way are set up as a part of the the Sabarmati riverfront project. Ahmedabad city Mayor Asit Vora said that the walkway at the riverfront will be thrown open to the public by Chief Minister Narendra Modi on August 15. The ceremony will be held at 6 PM at the riverfront area near Vallabh Sadan on Ashram road.

Modi will dedicate a lower walkway of Sabarmati river front on 15th of August. A walkway is 7 km long on western side of the river and 6 km long on eastern side of the river.

According to the Ahmedabad Municipal Corporation(AMC) office bearers, 26 water rides will also be started in Sabarmati river front. Of them 25 will be launched on 15 August itself, while one Am-phibious bus (a bus that can be operated in water and on road too) ride will be launched in the month of September.

Ticket rate for a ride in speed boat (total four) will be Rs 100, water craft (one) Rs 100, motor boat (four) Rs 20, Jet ski water scooter (one) Rs 200, pedal boat (15 minutes, total ten) Rs 15, Zorbing-water bubbles (five) Rs 60.
The AMC has planned to launch ferry service between Vadaj Dad-hichi Rushi over bridge to Vasna river bridge. A dream run event will be held for runners at 4.30 pm on river front walkway between Vallabh Sadan and Vasna barrage and back.

Source:- http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...s-in-Sabarmati-river/articleshow/15490381.cms
Amphibious bus looks somewhat like this :-

·
11,991 Posts
cc Aagam Mehta

cc Mufid Jazz

·
11,991 Posts
cc Abhishek Bhatawala

cc Bharatbhai Trivedi

·
11,991 Posts

·