SkyscraperCity banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 178 Posts

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
xzmattzx said:
not as interesting of a thread since ontario people don't naturally gravitate to this section, but do whatever you want.
:cry: :|

·
Buffalo's Worst Nightmare
1,944 Posts
i thought you were just being sour because the flyers crashed

·
18,168 Posts
Evergrey said:
i thought you were just being sour because the flyers crashed
i started a flyers vs. sabres thread because i knew there are a lot of sabres fans, and at least one flyers fan (me). i wouldn't have started something like a flyers vs. hurricanes thread or flyers vs. lightning thread because then i would be the only one posting in it.

·
registered boozer
1,090 Posts
ok, so maybe we should post a sabres vs sens thread in the ontario section.

i think there are enough sabres fans accross the border to justify that.

·
Registered
6,589 Posts
sabres might have found some magic, and to be honest they are hotter than the sens right now.

The Flyers are a good team, they have made the playoffs for over 10 years straight...thats playing good, and if Buffalo can beat them like they did in this series... :)

Ottawa did not impress me in the regular season, thats my opinion but in the end I'm confident the Sabres will carry this series as well.

I'm more worried about playing NJ for the Eastern Conf than Ottawa in this series.

should be good. :cheers:

·
Registered
3,034 Posts
Don't know what to expect. The Sabres handled the Senators pretty well the last several times they played (even in losses), but the games early in the season were embarrassing, and I think there's still a stigma because of that.

Who cares, even if there's no Ottawa base in this forum, not like it affects the outcome of the series. If it turns into a Sabres commentary, oh well.

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
xzmattzx said:
i say that a thread for a playoff series is more fun when both fan bases are active in it. do you disagree with this?

Dude your talking to the largest Senators Fan in Southern Ontario!! Im from Ottawa originally born and raised, and before i was a Sabres Season ticket holder, i was an Sens ticket holder, My family still is and has had Sens tickets for 13 years now. I am a HUGE OTTAWA FAN and a HUGE BUFFALO FAN!! This series is exactly what i DID NOT want to happen, because i have to cheer for Ottawa hands down, I was hopeing that Ottawa would play Montreal and Buffalo would play New Jersey, but unfortunatly this did not happen, now im going to be both happy and sad at the same time!

While one thing is for sure, I have my tickets already, but this time ill be wearing a different jersey.

·
Borat Sagdiev
818 Posts
bjfan82 said:
^ talk about a conflict of interest. Are you a Huge Yankees fan and a Huge Red Sox fan too? haha

Not at all, but you can blame me for wanting to have a local hockey team to cheer for that ISNT the Maple Leafs.. and isnt 3 hours from Tdot.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
This will be a great series. I think either team is capable of winning. Teh Sabres are playing great hockey right now. We had troubles in the regular season with Ottawa, but this is a new season. I think the winner of this series will go to the cup finals.

·
Registered
3,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
^ Looking at the Western Conference with all lower seeds advancing...the Stanley Cup winner will come from the Eastern Conference where all the top seeds advanced. Ottawa, NJ, and Carolina are no push-overs, so whoever goes to the finals from the East will have a very tough battle to get there.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Agreed, I predict the winner of this series will play NJ. That will be a battle as well. The team that emerges from that will win the cup. I'm not one for wild predictions myself, but you can just sense that is how it will go. Buffalo is much better positioned to win against Ottawa than at anytime this year. That said, I think Ottawa has the edge. I do not expect Buffalo to win this series. I'm just happy for another series and another reason to leave work early and drink lots of beer. It's a great time of the year.

·
Registered
841 Posts
^Ottawa is nearly fully healthy right now. You guys seem to forget that during the last few Buffalo victories over Ottawa they were missing such key players as Chara, Redden, and Havlat. The only guy they're still missing is Hasek. The Sabres have yet to beat the Sens this year when they're at full health.

On the flip side, the Sabres need Hecht to get healthy and Miller to stand on his head. I think that's the only way they win this series. I'm just trying to be objective here.

In the other Eastern Conference series I think Carolina will win so long as their rookie goalie Ward doesn't lay an egg, which I don't see happening. I think the Devils are good but not great, and the Carolina O will break through for a few goals a game...enough to win the series.

1 - 20 of 178 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.