20 Luxury Mini Suites
4 Luxury Party Suites
240 Premium Loge Seats
80 Premium Ledge Seats
1,430 Club Seats
330 Courtside Club Seats
Courtside Club Lounge
4 concourses

The price tag for the complex is $387 millon USD.

The goal is to secure funding before the March 1, 2012 (NBA relocation deadline) and build and complete the new arena by May 2015.

PDF of the plans: http://www.news10.net/news/pdf/arena-study-052611.pdf

·
The Punk With the Camera
8,604 Posts
:banana:

I may have lost all hope in this city being able to accomplish anything, but it would be great to see this arena actually happen. I wait with baited breath.

·
World Traveler
440 Posts
Yeap...I want to know why the low price. If there is a penny/dime/nickel to be put by taxpayers in the proposal...It will over.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Yeap...I want to know why the low price. If there is a penny/dime/nickel to be put by taxpayers in the proposal...It will over.
I would imagine the cost to acquire land is much less than a similar building in a bigger city. I believe I also heard earlier that they want to build this at the Cal Expo Center, which has plenty of open land that is already state of city owned, plenty of parking, existing utilities and is already set up to handle the traffic associated with big events. That would save a ton of money.

Great looking building inside and out. I hope this happens for Sacramento.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Is the interior a similar layout to the Amway Center? :dunno:
I thought the same thing when i saw the renderings. It is a nice looking design though. I hope Sac will make this happen. LA/Orange County doesn't need a 3rd NBA team. The Clippers should've moved from LA like yesterday

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
Sacramento, please build this arena, the existing ARCO Arena is the currently the lamest in the NBA.

·
The Punk With the Camera
8,604 Posts
^^ The Railyards would be great for the arena, but something also needs to be done about Downtown Plaza and K Street. I know a lot of people would be interested in tearing down the east half of DP and putting the stadium at the end of K Street. At this point, I don't care where the hell this gets built: AS LONG AS IT GETS BUILT.

·
Registered
9,389 Posts
I prefer the Downtown Railyards location over the Natomas location.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah but most NBA arenas were built in the 90's so if you adjust for inflation their price tags would be much higher.

1 - 20 of 830 Posts