SkyscraperCity banner

2241 - 2260 of 3016 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
This building, I feel, is the most harmonious high rise in construction. Like a perfect ionic column of ancient times, elegant, subdued but always capturing one's eye and imagination. We possess nothing like this in Sydney where I hail from. Perhaps the Opera House from an entirely different mind set and perspective. Very proud of St Petersburg.

·
Espartano
2,726 Posts
amazing ... love it!!

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
982 Posts
This building, I feel, is the most harmonious high rise in construction. Like a perfect ionic column of ancient times, elegant, subdued but always capturing one's eye and imagination. We possess nothing like this in Sydney where I hail from. Perhaps the Opera House from an entirely different mind set and perspective. Very proud of St Petersburg.
I'm living nearby and see the tower each day as I'm walking to a bus stop. It amases me every time how harmonious it looks. All buildings nearby are much smaller (no taller than 100 m), but the tower doesn't seems to be out of place, rather it makes the landsacpe look "complete". Incredible how they managed to make such a huge tower to fit mostly flat cityscape so well.

Proud of my city, yes :)

2241 - 2260 of 3016 Posts