·
31,956 Posts
are they building a * seaside road?

Reactions: Zaz965

·
Registered
2,048 Posts
are they building a * seaside road?
Kinda, but not exactly. This is a construction of a river embankment and a bridge, it goes from WHSD project easternward to the city historic centre. The objective is to make WHSD available to the residents of the city central districts.

Here is a screenshot from the OSM. I think the construction of embankment and a bridge is pretty recognizable:

And the photo location: http://osm.org/go/0zOQOA~M?layers=N&m=

It is also should be said that they are not building the part of embankment after a new bridge at the moment, because the current construction's primary goal is a FIFA World Cup (this road is a part of a way to the stadium from the WHSD) and also because of the poor current city administration level in Saint-Petersburg :eek:hno: However it should be built someday in the future.

Oh yes, and this is the bridge project:
I hope i've answered your question :cheers:

·
Never mind
514 Posts
ФЫПЩЁГДЯЙЦ;144328286 said:
Emeizing slingshots! I lowe it!
A closed ring was planned initially in their place, but there is a height limit for new buildings close to the historical center, so the ring was cut in the project, and we got these "slingshots" - kind a lower part of the ring.

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
Terrific building. And nice to see it built so quickly in time for the World Cup.
Perhaps the most exciting part is that with the stadium it promised to generate a whole new area to the city, almost a city within the city. Not all people in the West actually realise that StP is such a huge city. This tower can go some way to changing that.

What do the local StP residents think of this. Do they like that the city will now be famous for both modern and classical/traditional architecture? Or do/did they prefer it to concentrate on more traditional styles.

My view is that keeping the traditional and modern centres of StP separate, like this, is the best way. It would be nice to see something like this built in arapidly growing Vladivostock too, as an Eastern capital. Hopefully sooner rather than later, Kiev will join the Eurasian Union. And eventually that might mean 4 "primary" cities in the Union.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Terrific building. And nice to see it built so quickly in time for the World Cup.
Perhaps the most exciting part is that with the stadium it promised to generate a whole new area to the city, almost a city within the city. Not all people in the West actually realise that StP is such a huge city. This tower can go some way to changing that.

What do the local StP residents think of this. Do they like that the city will now be famous for both modern and classical/traditional architecture? Or do/did they prefer it to concentrate on more traditional styles.

My view is that keeping the traditional and modern centres of StP separate, like this, is the best way. It would be nice to see something like this built in arapidly growing Vladivostock too, as an Eastern capital. Hopefully sooner rather than later, Kiev will join the Eurasian Union. And eventually that might mean 4 "primary" cities in the Union.
This is a very controvesial topic here. Many of the St. Pete inhabitants despise modern architecture in any form and believe that the real architecture in Russia has died together with Stalin (this was roughly the time when the so-called Stalinist Empire style changed for commieblocks). Furthermore, there is very strong sentiment agaist tall buildings in St Pete since many people believe that even if seen on the backrgound such buildings would destroy the old city image. Ironically, it was the previous project called Okhta-Center what gave rise to this. Originally it was planned to build similar looking but somewhat shorter tower in close vicinity to historical center but this caused very strong public protests leading to relocation of the project and also causing public belief that skyscrapers, especially those looking decidedly modern, should not be permissible anywhere in the city.

Currently large part of the most new significant buildings (like office centers, big companies headquarters, shopping malls) looks like that (these two were build in last 10 years).

I really hope this will change but most probably it won't happen in the next few years

·
Pioneer
12,542 Posts
Боже... :picard: http://wallpaperswide.com/clouds_nature_night_moon_hd-wallpapers.html — фотошопный Сити с этой же обоиной выложили, Лахту выложили. Кто следующий? Позора с баннером было мало?
Сладкий, ты доипаться решил? В чем проблема? Твоя личная обоина?
Пусть еще хоть 100 раз ее используют для коллажа, лишь бы качественно было.
Мне понравилось - я закинул сюда, oltemont(у) понравилось - он закинул в тему Сити. Что-то не устраивает - проходишь мимо. Тебя ни тут, ни в там как бы спрашивать что выкладывать никто не будет...

2341 - 2360 of 3016 Posts