SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saints have been in New Orleans for 40 years, and this year they have broken the all-time season ticket sales in the teams' history. Rita Benson, with the team, predicts that the entire season will be sold out with season tickets when kick-off occurs in September and warns that there only be walk-up tickets available to games from tickets allocated to away teams who return those unsold. She feels many won't be returned because of the outpouring of national support for New Orleans and most away team tickets will be bought because people want to support the city. The downside of the sales are the team still has about 1/3 of its' 100+ suites still available, but, owner, Tom Benson, did admit that many businesses are in the final stages of dealing with Katrina and insurance issues and these businesses have indicated that they are in the final stages of dealing with the storm and will come through with suite purchases before the season starts. GO SAINTS!!

·
Oh Hey!
7,177 Posts
Any chance some of the profit is going to rebuilding NO or helping others?

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NewPortRicheyGuy said:
Probably...the Saints contribute several million a year to local causes and I'm sure that there are funds, endowments, and scholarships related to Katrina recovery. Any city with a pro team reaps plenty of financial benefits from having a team, and I've heard the Saints and the Hornets have been very generous towards recovery. I know the Hornets have built 20 homes and have given them away...

·
Registered
483 Posts
NewPortRicheyGuy said:
The Saints are always heavily involved with the community. I'd imagine that this year won't be any different.

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
skysdalimit said:
All the games will be played in Nawlins this year, right?
Yes...the opening home game is September 25 against Atlanta on Monday Night Football. Apparently, they have this big to-doo planned for the game on national TV with the Saints coming back to New Orleans. It should be interesting to watch.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts