SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hey ppl i think this thread is goin to be an interesting thread for yu all. i need full support frm all the true lovers of our great Salem. This is not only goin to be jus like posting sumthin in this thread n wait fr others to rpy. Lets try sumthin practical, lyk one who post the idea for a change, should also tell the viable way of applyin that idea.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah obviously Vgraja sir. Soon i'll try to figure out the important issues tat has impact in future.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Salem needed Road over bridges on many places to avoid traffic congession. If constructed now itself will be eaiser (though not that much) and less cost, since the land value increasing day by day.

The following areas needed bridges to cross smoothly.

Ist Phase:

5 Roads - already approved in the budget and hope to get in next 3 yrs
4 Roads
New BS entrance - those who not to BS will go up and only those to BS can travel in lower road

2nd phase

4 Roads to 5 Roads - elevated road
from MDS Nagar to Sarada Vidyala School - elevated road
From Gugai paalam to DD Gate - elevated road
From Town Police Station to Pattai Koil - elevated road (i.e all four roads say 1st, second agraharam, Periya & Chinna kadai veethi)
From Vincent to Mulluvadi gate (it is a mini 5 Road - Brets Road, Cherry Road -2 directions, to Rajaram Nagar and to Maravaneri)
ROB in 3-roads
From Suramangalam Police Station to Junction -y shaped ROB

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Salem needed Road over bridges on many places to avoid traffic congession. If constructed now itself will be eaiser (though not that much) and less cost, since the land value increasing day by day.

The following areas needed bridges to cross smoothly.

Ist Phase:

5 Roads - already approved in the budget and hope to get in next 3 yrs
4 Roads
New BS entrance - those who not to BS will go up and only those to BS can travel in lower road

2nd phase

4 Roads to 5 Roads - elevated road
from MDS Nagar to Sarada Vidyala School - elevated road
From Gugai paalam to DD Gate - elevated road
From Town Police Station to Pattai Koil - elevated road (i.e all four roads say 1st, second agraharam, Periya & Chinna kadai veethi)
From Vincent to Mulluvadi gate (it is a mini 5 Road - Brets Road, Cherry Road -2 directions, to Rajaram Nagar and to Maravaneri)
ROB in 3-roads
From Suramangalam Police Station to Junction -y shaped ROB
By the way, the future is no more with just four way lanes roads. minimum six lane roads are necessary. at least they can lay a good quality 6 lane road (with latest plastic technology for their durability)
* old bus stand to junction (via new bus stand)
*4 roads to junction (via 3 roads)
*4 roads to junction (via Ramakrishna park road)
* Old bus stand to junction (via Asthampatty, Saradha college road)
*Asthampatty to yercaud foothills road (Adivaram)
* Old bus stand to Seelanaickanpatty
* Old bus stand to Ammapet.
This will really giv, way better look the Salem City.
And i agree with yu sir PAAKANNAN68, cos if the highways authority buy the land now it will be low for them. bt in future the prices is goin to be skyrocketting!!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
So can yu pls suggest some ideas to control the pollution?
First, think to avoid sewage water mixing in THIRUMANIMUTHARU and it should have seprate treatment plant. RTO should check the pollution emitting level of vechical properly.
Some , sing boards about pollution at street and proper solid waste mangment to every ward.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Politics obviously play a major role in development of any city. Many people have criticized abt politics before. no one can change anything in politics till now.
The best way is, we have to jump into politics or do a "Revolution" (by Salem lovers).
Even any1 can suggest anyway to improve the political condition of Salem. Bt i think there are many other issues also there to discuss as of present status of salem.

·
Registered
425 Posts
OK abidsleef but there is a difference in FUTURE SALEM & FUTURE OF SALEM,

FUTURE SALEM should be,

1. More Salem based entrepreneurs come and play their role all over TN.
2. Need one SIPCOT to the district.
3. Develop the Salem Airport and identify SEZ for Logistics.
4. Salem Planning Authority/City limit expand upto Mallur, Omalur Seeragapady & Karipatti.
5. Interconnect city roads & expands, identify possible TNHB schemes
6. SEZ/Textile/Apparel Park nearer to city.
7. Develop Omalur as a Secondary city
8 Badly need good medical facility in the city right now is not sufficient to all
etc., etc.,

·
21,792 Posts
^^

Tharamangalam took over the role of bigger suburban for the city!

In 2011 census, Tharamangalam pop is 30,000 whereas it has only 16K or 18K in 2001.

Steel plant 4-lane road has helped much for city expansion in west side especially towards Tharamangalam..

If the proposed 300 bedded multi-speciality hospital at gvt medical college and SAIL SEZ takes shape smoothly, this road will become the true satellite city hosting medical and manufacturing facilities.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The drainage system also plays a vital role of the city. Especially UGD (Under Ground Drainage) should be implemented full fledged in the city promptly. So the roadside ditches which occupy around 8-10ft can be utilized for the expansion of the road. Though the 8-10ft is not way big, but still it improves the view of any road.
Along with that, every important road should have space for pedestrians, bicycles and parking.
I think, the best road till now inside the city, the road in front of Anna Park. Which have 3 Lane (one side), parking space, pedestrian platform, with elegant lighting and landscapes. I can find many people use to sit along that stretch and spend their time in evening. This can be followed all around the city.
(somebody pls upload that road photo over here)

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
I think, the best road till now inside the city, the road in front of Anna Park. Which have 3 Lane (one side), parking space, pedestrian platform, with elegant lighting and landscapes. I can find many people use to sit along that stretch and spend their time in evening. This can be followed all around the city.
(somebody pls upload that road photo over here)
I think you are talking about the road near National Hotel. If so, Arulmurugan has already posted few images in other threads.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpost.php?p=93493346&postcount=1207

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Corporation should declare Eco Avenue from Hasthampatti to Adivaram

-Plant more trees over the entire stretch
-Provide small roadside parks with benches
That's nice idea Raja. But for sure our Corporation will not do that. Atleast if they don't cut the trees in that area that would be good.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts