Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
These residences have been designed to blend the benefits of apartment living with the comforts of the stand alone home. 44 Residences with a range of plans to suit including two, two bedroom plus study, three bedroom and three bedroom plus study. Constructed from solid concrete with features of zinc cladding and patterned and honed concrete, all finished to a commercial grade for your peace of mind.North facing for optimum sunlight and positioned near the future Stonefields Market the main entrance is off Bluegrey Avenue.

·
Registered
63 Posts
This is now starting to rise from the ground, looks like the under ground carpark is done and they have just laid the first floor slab of what i assume will be the ground floor of the corner apartment by the main enterance. It will be interesting to see if this rises as quickly as the houses are being built.

Will take some photos and attempt to load them up

·
Registered
373 Posts
This looks like a nice development but I really dislike those dull, walled street level frontages. Those type of mini-front yard are never really usable from what I have seen. Be much nicer to have it built right up to the edge and maybe a space for a shop or two.

Not that anyone will walk along here much I guess as you generally enter through the garage (each unit come with 2(!) carparks nonetheless. Thats 88 carparks + visitor spots).

Out of interest, anyone know how much these are going for?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This looks like a nice development but I really dislike those dull, walled street level frontages. Out of interest, anyone know how much these are going for?
+1 .... I can't remember the exact price but they are very expensive.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Yikes! Just seen some listed and they range from 600,000 to 825,00 for the ground floor corner one. You can get a decent size Apartment (even with carpark) in town for that.

·
Registered
1,700 Posts
I can't understand why you wouldn't put these closer to the neighbourhood centre (stupid name) and have the lower levels as shops or offices with the apartments above. It seems funny that we feel the need to seperate residential and retail. The whole point of living in an apartment is often to be close to shops etc.

·
Registered
63 Posts
The marketplace is the next block to these apartments, so not too far.

The other proposed apartment block in the middle is now being changed and houses are being built instead.

Houses are now being built along the ridge under Mount Wellington back towards College Rd and seem to be going up one a day,

Be interesting to see if we are on the final lap of the development?

·
If seagulls could talk...
700 Posts
The marketplace is the next block to these apartments, so not too far.

The other proposed apartment block in the middle is now being changed and houses are being built instead.

Houses are now being built along the ridge under Mount Wellington back towards College Rd and seem to be going up one a day,

Be interesting to see if we are on the final lap of the development?
Final lap for the detached homes, definitely! In fact, developing any new detached homes in the Auckland Isthmus might be a real long shot in future.....
The next series at Stonefields are some interesting terraced and duplex houses around the south-eastern edge, and on the north edge of the old quarry (embankment).
The final stage is a large part of the western side of the Quarry (around the ponds & reserves) which is supposed to be developed as 4-5 storey apartments, similar to Saltus.. However, I understand Saltus was *very* expensive to build...ie, not a lot of profit margin (if any) due to poor economies of scale for that type of construction, so not sure if/when the final apartments will go ahead.

When it was conceived, Stonefields was supposed to achieve a certain (high) overall population density ...It will be interesting to see if it gets close! Without more apartments, remember there are a lot of parks and roads in Stonefields, so the overall population density isn't incredible high.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
looks good, but why these developments are scared of even having a splash of colour is beyond me..a cuople of dark blues or reds thrown in there would be great..

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Can probably change this thread to completed now as it appears people are living in these based on those photos.

1,243 Posts
I presume the apartments that will be built on the opposite side of the road will also be included in this thread?

Strange that they have not used glass on all the balconies, the railings are not a great look.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Indeed gives some scale to the place.... shame though that when the opportunity arises its so utterly monotone... and frankly bland
Yeah, I think that they are still stuck in the AKL of 8 years ago - best gibe them a hot cup of wake the **** up ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts