SkyscraperCity banner

1 - 20 of 876 Posts

·
Banned
365 Posts
The stadium will be built in another place (instead of a river port between two rivers, the Volga and Samarka).

Among the advantages of building the stadium at the direction of the Volga and Samarka said it would give a powerful impetus for the development of the historical part of Samara. And on both sides. In addition, create a transport infrastructure. At this point, pass railroad tracks, which can convert a light metro associated with the railway station and the first stage of Metro. There are plans toto create express train to the airport Kurumoch and Togliatti . The island can be reached by river. A construction Frunze bridge, which will begin in 2012, will solve the problem of congestion and traffic jams on the outskirts of the city.
Exactly will be involved Volga. For the carriage of passengers you can use speed boats that would carry guests from the airport to the FIFA World Cup stadium within 40 minutes, as required by the regulations. They can be used as an inexpensive floating hotels that are very profitable.

It is planned that the construction area will amount to 32-40 hectares, the length of bank protection - 2,000 - 8,000 meters.

·
Registered
5,553 Posts
Some quick thoughts:
That's an awfully narrow plot of land, between two pretty big rivers. Aren't they worried about flooding at all?
I like the look of the stadium itself. Simple, but gets a lot of fans in between the two end lines. Should be a good place to watch a game.
And no running track!
But they really need to do something different with the roof/cladding. It kind of looks like someone stepped on a beer can. Maybe talk to the guys who designed the roofs in South Korea for 2002.

·
Banned
365 Posts
At this place is now a river port, which plans to move outside the city limits. There coasts strengthened, unlike "Cow island" (the old place), place of 32-40 hectares - enough, you will need to build a bridge instead of 2 for "Cow Island". In general the place in terms of logistics is much more profitable.
This is not the final draft of the stadium, I'm 90% sure it will be different.

·
Proud to be Peruvian
1,197 Posts
it looks nicer! :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
I bet there will be transportation problem with this location.
i agree. Samara has a very small airport, and this airport is very far away from the city (maybe 45min in car). So I hope they'll improve that point.

But I like this city and this 2nd design of the futur stadium is nicer than the 1rst one.

1 - 20 of 876 Posts