SkyscraperCity banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Samobor, Zagreb county - Croatia

SAMOBOR, a town on the southern slopes of Samoborsko Gorje (Samobor Hills) - on the Gradna river, 23 km west of Zagreb; elevation 168 m; population 14,170

Several parks in Samobor are protected as horticultural monuments. In the immediate vicinity of the town is the large forest park Tepec - Palacnik - Straznik
The Samobor Carnival ("fasnik") is the event with an old tradition; it has been organized for more than 170 years as one of the most popular carnival festivities in the country (January/February). Other important events include the Old-timer Rally (10th of May), the Dog Show (17th of May), the Tambura Music Night (28th of June), Rudarska Greblica in the nearby Rude (7th of July), the Day of the Town (26th-28th of July), the Samobor Salami Show (in March), the Samobor Music Autumn (in September), etc.

surrounding - landmarks, castles and churches :

Dvor Podolje :

Kiepach :

Sveta Marija :

Sveti Rok :

Rude :

Luznica :

Orsic :

Janusevec :

Sveti Martin :

Sveti Vid - Brdovec :

Dvorac Erdody :

Sveti Mihalj :

Laduc :

Landmarks :

;)

·
Registered
2,047 Posts
^ You rock, Bubach. (And I rhyme). When I saw your pictures of Croatia, I remembered Samobor as being one of the most beautiful Croatian cities I'd ever seen, but I couldn't remember the name. I knew only this photo:

http://img153.echo.cx/img153/6623/97566551bvysouphsamobor6nj.jpg

And you shared it! Exactly the photo! Gorgeous city, truly my favorite! And has been for a while, I just didn't know the name! :D

·
hlubach bubach
7,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
^ Danke schoen for your kompliment ;)

I am glad this thread was helpful enough to demistificate the identity of the pic that 'bothered' ya :)
I wouldnt call Samobor a city, though.. it is a tiny town - 14.000 ppl only....with best Kremsnitas in our galaxy ;)
:)

·
Banned
223 Posts
Yup...that's it, I watched a few days ago on your television about this town, and I saw how do they prepare famous Samobor's kremšnite! It's charming town! True Croatian pearl!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts