Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
528 Posts

San Diego Padres

I love the urban stadiums that have backdrops and city life surrounding the park. Detroit, pittsburgh and chicago come to mind most vividly. I wanted you to see what Petco Park in San Diego will look like from a few vantage points as of 2008-2010. Let me know what you all think.

two blocks away

·
Registered
595 Posts
The entire National League West Division is a joke, but that is the way it works.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
SDFan went and took a little trip to the SD planning center downtown. here is what is being built as we speak within the view of the bowl at PETCO PARK. Pretty much all of them will be done by 2008-2009. There are I believe 4 others not in these pics that reach the height limit of the city. Not including, additionally the Ballpark Village seen in the renderings if you scroll up the page a bit. Enjoy!

top of the pic, the view looking into petco

·
babylon falling
297 Posts
Check da view mate!!

Now if this isn't right up there with the top 3 skyline views from inside a ballpark my name is arse: :runaway:

How sweet is that, and it is only going to get much much better. :booze: :applause: :cheers1:

·
Registered
528 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
yeah it is already nice looking northwest. but looking straight east, it is just ok. south east kinda eh. but OMG wait until 2010. you will see a city skyline complete with skyscrapers, parks, ocean, bay, midrises, in a full 360 degrees viewpoint. World's best, really.

By much much better he means the difference between oh rosanne bar and Jessica Alba

·
Registered
595 Posts
Heck, that is a good picture mello.

·
Registered
528 Posts
SAN DIEGO - Petco Park (42,445)

MLB

San Diego Padres

When Petco Park in San Diego was completed, the surrounding area was still very much incomplete. Now it is just about half way done and it is beginning to look amazing. There are still many many tall residential, commercial and midrise buildings as well as a "hopefully" new library coming. See recent photos.

Some pics I took recently - by sd_urban

Take Me Out To The Ballgame......Pics from last Sunday's Padres-Cardinals game. Notice that the neighborhood is filling in quite well. :tup:

Aria is close to topping out, with the cranes for Vantage Pointe in the foreground

Hilton Hotel is going up fast across Harbor Drive

Cheap seats, San Diego-style

Main Library site if it ever gets built

Mini-scraper canyon

Urban patio

Crane for The Diegan

The Mark stands tall

·
Avant Garde
3,807 Posts
If only the airport would move up north to Miramar. San Diego (my hometown) needs a 800 foot tall building.

Ahh well..cool pics.

·
My Mind Has Left My Body
7,266 Posts
Lookes awesome, looks like its really becoming a dynamic area around the park.

·
PC LOAD LETTER
7,743 Posts
One of the Padres should really juice himself up and hit a homer that breaks a condo window. Or wait for Barry Bonds to pay a visit.

·
Registered
8,746 Posts
this is cool how the developers incorporated the red-brick building that has the supply company on it. reminds me alot of camden yards with the giant warehouse. beautiful stadium!!!!!!!!!!!:Okay:

1 - 20 of 156 Posts