1 - 20 of 260 Posts

·
Banned
1,542 Posts

San Francisco Giants

8x Champion:
1905, 1921, 1922, 1933, 1954,
2010, 2012, 2014

AT&T Park, home of the San Francisco Giants since 2000.
Built at a cost $255,000,000 and financed privately.
First regular season game was on April 11, 2000

ballparksofbaseball.com

·
Administrator
29,359 Posts
I bleed Dodger Blue. And I hate the Giants. But I have to admit this Stadium is a home run. Beautiful well-thought venue. (but Dodger Stadium is still "the cathedral of baseball" :D)

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
I was just there tonight actually. I think it's a nice ballpark, but I don't love it the same way most do. I just don't get why everyone thinks it's so incredible besides the setting. The setting is great, but a setting can't take a nice ballpark that IMO isn't so much better than most other ballpark from the time and make it incredible.

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
It's pretty much Camden Yards, but without an upper deck in left field, and a body of water instead of a warehouse.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Yeah, boring faux retro.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I like the fact that they seldom mow designs on the field. It looks vintage without all the criss-cross grass squares. My favorite MLB ballpark is still PNC in Pittsburgh. Target Field in Minneapolis is 2nd and AT&T is third.

·
Registered
1,625 Posts
Why is it a drawback? They host in December, when nothing else is going on at the stadium anyways. It's not like it affects anything baseball related.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The setting is great, but a setting can't take a nice ballpark that IMO isn't so much better than most other ballpark from the time and make it incredible.
Sure it can, you put AT&T Park in Detroit in place of Comerica, the Tigers immediately have an upgraded home, but it would be a good ballpark, you put AT&T Park in its actual location in San Francisco, by the water, you have a great ballpark. The setting is part of the criteria on which a ballpark is judged.

·
Banned
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why is it a drawback? They host in December, when nothing else is going on at the stadium anyways. It's not like it affects anything baseball related.
"drawback" probably wasn't the right word to use. In short, I'm not a fan of football or hockey being played in a ballpark. How many Bowl games does Dodger Stadium host?

1 - 20 of 260 Posts