SkyscraperCity Forum banner
21 - 40 of 281 Posts
Sure it can, you put AT&T Park in Detroit in place of Comerica, the Tigers immediately have an upgraded home, but it would be a good ballpark, you put AT&T Park in its actual location in San Francisco, by the water, you have a great ballpark. The setting is part of the criteria on which a ballpark is judged.
I understand that, but the setting is the only thing that makes me go "wow." I think it's a nice ballpark and I have a good time watching a game there, but if the setting is the only thing that makes me go "wow," I can't call it one of the few best in baseball as many call it.

"drawback" probably wasn't the right word to use. In short, I'm not a fan of football or hockey being played in a ballpark. How many Bowl games does Dodger Stadium host?
How are football or hockey games any different than concerts? Dodger Stadium hosts concerts pretty regularly in the offseason and occasionally during the season as well. Football at a baseball stadium during the season I'm not a fan of because it chews up the grass, but in the offseason it doesn't bother me one bit.

Discussion starter · #24 ·
Non-baseball events at ballparks

How are football or hockey games any different than concerts? Dodger Stadium hosts concerts pretty regularly in the offseason and occasionally during the season as well. Football at a baseball stadium during the season I'm not a fan of because it chews up the grass, but in the offseason it doesn't bother me one bit.
Are there any sports other than baseball that are played at Dodger Stadium? I read somewhere that high school football is played at Angel Stadium.
As for concerts, I guess it depends on who's performing.
It is good that the football games are played in the offseason, I guess Oakland and Miami are the only natural grass stadiums with a shared facility.

Are there any sports other than baseball that are played at Dodger Stadium? I read somewhere that high school football is played at Angel Stadium.
It is good that the football games are played in the offseason, I guess Oakland and Miami are the only natural grass stadiums with a shared facility.
Nothing else but baseball is played at Dodger Stadium. They have high school games often and now they host the Dodgertown Classic, a college tournament, but it's all still baseball.

Angel Stadium hosts the Southern Section high school football championship games every year.

Nothing else but baseball is played at Dodger Stadium. They have high school games often and now they host the Dodgertown Classic, a college tournament, but it's all still baseball.

Angel Stadium hosts the Southern Section high school football championship games every year.
I thought they moved these to the Home Depot Center. Could swear I was watching these last year. Crenshaw High vs someone, hehe.

I thought they moved these to the Home Depot Center. Could swear I was watching these last year. Crenshaw High vs someone, hehe.
Those are the state bowl games. Those have been at the HDC since they were created a few years and they signed a new contract to keep them there through 2012 or 2013. The Pac-5 Southern Section title game is at Angel Stadium though.

This should be good.....

Please tell us, mrak, which concerts are OK and which are not????

:nuts:

Good. That means the fatcats in the front row have to keep their eyes on the game, lest they get plunked with a foul ball.
fatcat jokes aside, I hope some 12 year old kid doesn't get beamed with a foul ball laser and seriously hurt, thats not much of a net. Don't forget hockey added the nets after a kid died.

How many times has a foul ball resulted in death?
I'd guess quite a few, I've seen stories of people dying from foul balls and a college pitcher died a few years ago after getting hit by a line drive.
After a google search, I found coaches, and fans at major and minor league games that have been killed by foul balls.

Discussion starter · #40 ·
Great ballpark

I always thought the right side looked a little incomplete, but overall its one of my favorite ballparks in the MLB. Its hard to beat that view of the bay!
Love that asymmetry. This is a gorgeous asymmetric ballpark. It's asymmetrical without being contrived and quirky to the point of nausea. Basically one of HOK's last decent projects.

21 - 40 of 281 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.