Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
101,816 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

Sandakan Harbour Square is an architectural assemble that features a myriad of enchanting surroundings and exciting activities that directly touches the imagination through the senses. Sandakan Harbour Square is proposed to be an integrated commercial, retail, hotel and recreational development around the ‘harbour'. The project features a Central Market, Shopping Mall and a spacious Harbour Square, which is the heart of the development, and connects to a waterfront promenade complete with modern and landscaped pedestrian malls. The molding of Sandakan Harbour Square is a further step in Sandakan's evolution to become the leading tourism destination in its region.

Sandakan Harbour Square is an urban redevelopment joint venture project between Ireka-Charng Sheng Development Sdn. Bhd. and Sandakan Municipal Council. Since its launch in January 2003, no effort has been spared in the development of this prestigious project.

From its ultra luxurious hotel suites offering picturesque views of the sea to its lavish landscaping which acts as a spiritual rejuvenator, Sandakan Harbour Square is set to enrapture nature and adventure lovers, leaving them fascinated, captivated and enthralled. Great emphasis is placed in delivering the highest standards of service to its investors as well as its customers.

This ground-breaking development will herald the renewal of Sandakan Town and reposition Sandakan as a tourist and commercial hub of Sabah. Once completed in year 2008, Sandakan Harbour Square will be a hub for glittering opportunities locally and internationally, therefore making it an economic success story in years to come.

·
Infrastructure
10,788 Posts
^^

Yes, it is indeed a rendering for the project when it was first launched in 2003 or 2004.....

However, new rendering suggest that the hotel + mall component will be different, it looks taller and feature blue glass.......

·
North Borneo Is My Home
722 Posts
Could anyone in Sandakan post some photos of the SHS progress to date.:) cheers !

·
Infrastructure
10,788 Posts
Source : http://biz.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2007/6/11/business/17979407&sec=business

Latest detail....from The Star

In Sandakan, Ireka is undertaking the Sandakan Harbour Square – a modern urban renewal project that involves sea reclamation, re-development of the Sandakan Central Market and a new Waterfront Square.

The RM450mil joint venture with a local company, Geofusion Sdn Bhd, and Sandakan Municipal Council has added 25% more land to the bustling Sandakan central business district.

According to Voon Hon, the development has completely transformed the waterfront view of the central business district, and with the imposing Rotunda Seafood Restaurant and Fish Market, it is now the new icon and landmark for Sandakan.

·
Infrastructure
10,788 Posts
Oh gosh....i am really cant wait for the mall + hotel complex to be built there.......for sure, if based from the rendering, it could well be the tallest building in Sandakan, one of the tallest in Sabah and change the face of our town centre forever.....

·
Registered
16 Posts
I have to be frank.

Most of the building shown above look dated, like from the 1990s or earlier. Heck, I could related these building with those abandoned or under-occupied decade-old shophouses doted around my home. The latticework don't seem to help much either. They actually look less appealing then even those used on the National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil or various Cyberjaya office buildings (also built during the late-90s).

·
North Borneo Is My Home
722 Posts
I have to be frank.

Most of the building shown above look dated, like from the 1990s or earlier. Heck, I could related these building with those abandoned or under-occupied decade-old shophouses doted around my home. The latticework don't seem to help much either. They actually look less appealing then even those used on the National Sports Complex in Bukit Jalil or various Cyberjaya office buildings (also built during the late-90s).
^^ ya, personally i agree with u except the mall and hotel design:)

1 - 20 of 44 Posts