Skyscraper City Forum banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi to all,
I noticed today that my own city is really underpresented in these forums, so I decided to post some pictures.

Info from SantaBarbarCa.com (city's official website):
Santa Barbara lies on the West Coast of the United States, 92 miles (148 km) north of Los Angeles and 332 miles (534 km) south of San Francisco. It is the largest city and the seat of Santa Barbara County, which covers 2,774 square miles. The Santa Ynez Mountains, which run along the east-west section of the Santa Barbara coast, serve as the boundary distinguishing “North County” (Buellton, Guadalupe, Lompoc, Los Alamos, Santa Maria, Santa Ynez, Solvang, and others) from “South County” (Carpinteria, Goleta, Montecito, Santa Barbara, and Summerland). While the South County cities and towns nestle in the Santa Ynez foothills on the shore of the Pacific Ocean, North County communities are located in higher-elevation inland mountain valleys.
The county is famous for its beautiful beaches, most of which lie along a unique south-facing stretch of coastline that affords beach visitors sun all day long and greater shelter from winds and surf than many other coastal beaches. But there’s far more here than beaches. The county encompasses enormously varied terrain: nearly one-third of its total acreage is set aside in the Los Padres National Forest, which includes the rugged San Rafael Wilderness Area. Santa Barbara County’s topographical diversity creates a huge variety of outdoor recreational opportunities in a relatively compact area.

Maybe no skyscrapers but still a true American beauty, one of the most beautiful cities in USA (hopefully, no one will be offended for that remark):

Some random pictures:

Legendary Rincon Beach - surfer's Jerusalem:

Solvang - little Denmark of Santa Barbara:

Santa Ynez - the wine country:

Regards,

·
Registered
865 Posts
Simply gorgeous. Would love to see more pictures if you get the chance, especially street scenes. I've been to Santa Barbara twice and loved it. My first time there, I had dinner at a restaurant called Acapulco which I thought was quite good. So the second time I was in Santa Barbara, I had to go there again. I love the pedestrian areas all throughout that party of the city where Acapulco is. It's very beautiful and I'd love to see pics from that area (hint, hint ;)).

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the remarks, guys. By the way, if some of the pictures do not show up, please right-click and save the path from Properties and paste it to a different browser. Also, if any one has any other pictures to show and share, I will appreciate it, as this is the first active Santa Barbara thread here.

Some street pictures due to request (I will try to find (or get by myself) the Acapulco restaurant pictures asap):

Mission Santa Barbara:

Famous residents of Santa Barbara:

Brad Pitt (periodically in Summerland), Michael Jackson, Oprah Winfrey, Dennis Miller, Matt Le Blanc, Michael Jordan (periodically, only during the Fiesta)

To be continued,

·
Registered
551 Posts
Purdy... I'll be there in a few months for a while, visiting friends! Looking forward to it.

·
Veterano
3,665 Posts
wonderful!! I've just watched "SIDEWAYS".. it was filmed there

·
City Reformist
5,263 Posts
WOW! But I heard that the property price is just prohibitively expensive over there...

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
^
Santa Barbara is one of the richest cities per capita income in Southern California, that is why the home prices are very very expensive:

More pictures:

Beaches:

Some local beach bums - a common sight in SB beaches:

SB Polo and Racquet Club - US' best:

UCSB:

Jet-set of Santa Barbara (from Santa Barbara jet owners party in summer 2004) - Santa Barbara has one of the highest per capita private helicopter/airplane owners in the world:

Regards,

·
chek ur hed
473 Posts
OMG that seal pup. :) You're either insane or jealous if you don't put SB in the top tier of American cities for beauty.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts